JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I quit finally after 22 years. Started when I was 12. I was a can a day and driving 50k miles a year with lots of time to kill. The week old stuff tastes like rat piss to me by then but the 3 day old stuff was nectar of the Gods.

I never could swallow it.

The trick for me once the first cravings passed were to eliminate caffeine. I discovered this purely by accident. Got the flu and couldn't drink coffee for a week. Bad caffeine headache but after a week the. craving was gone for good.

I quit because I didn't want my baby boy to try and grow up with the same habit.

Good luck man. It's the hardest thing I ever did. Clean 18 years now.

Last Edited:
I remember a liquor store back in CO that would get cope in the morning after it was made. Back when the date was made on not "best by" guys brother worked there and had a buddy that worked for FedEx. It was about 15 cents a can more but worth every penny

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443251225.713817.jpg here's one to scare someone into being a non smoker

Years before I quit, I once ran out on a fishing trip. I bummed a unfiltered Camel from my partner, peeled the wrapper off, and tucked it in. :s0108:

E

No Chew for 15 days. :s0132:

How long without nicotine before your considered quit? 30 Days? A year?
In any case. I may avoid some future health issues. :s0039:
And I can tell I have more energy in the morning.

Feel free to jump on board Guys! I will keep checking in with my progress. ;)

You have Offically quit when you see someone tapping a can and you don't have the urge to reach where you normally keep your chew and get one for yourself.

HANG IN THERE YOU CAN DO IT:s0115::s0132::)

That's awesome! To say you actually quit? I dunno I probably put 5-6 months between me and my last chew before I really felt like I was free of it.

Something that helped me was when I filled up the gas tank, I wouldn't let myself go into the station for a drink or snack or piss. Too tempting to pick up a can.

I'm 5 days in guys. The "No chew bank" is getting filled, I explained to my wife what it was for and she's been very supportive.

I think I may get shot...by her.... with the new toy I buy with the savings.... if I cant get my irritability under check though! :mad::(:confused:

PS I found this site it may help some of us.

http://www.killthecan.org/

Lots of facts, suggestions and such.

I have been chewing gum. A lot of gum. My jaw hurts soooooo much lmao.

After 8 years of smoking and chewing, I quit both cold turkey 9 months ago. Cravings for smoke went away within a couple weeks but still get the urge for a chew sometimes. Gum helped a lot, as well as changing up habits and routines that would normally trigger an urge. Tough it out, the results are well worth it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top