JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
[QUOTE="It just didn't do anything for me, it tasted and smelled like crap. I liken chew to picking up some cow/horse-sheite and putting that in your mouth. o_O

Yeah, but that horse sheit tastes pretty good when it's a nice fat pinch of moist snuff ........from a fresh can......first thing in the morning.....with a steaming hot cup of fresh black coffee......[/QUOTE]

Man, thats the best. Pull out a new can, give it a quick tap to pack it tighter, drag my fingernail around the lid to open it the first time. Smell the wonderfullness as I grab a pinch and stuff it in my lower lip. Feel the slight burn and my mouth waters until I have to let loose a stream of warm brown liquid (the first spit is the juciest).

Heaven!

Yeah, but that horse sheit tastes pretty good when it's a nice fat pinch of moist snuff ........from a fresh can......first thing in the morning.....with a steaming hot cup of fresh black coffee......

Man, thats the best. Pull out a new can, give it a quick tap to pack it tighter, drag my fingernail around the lid to open it the first time. Smell the wonderfullness as I grab a pinch and stuff it in my lower lip. Feel the slight burn and my mouth waters until I have to let loose a stream of warm brown liquid (the first spit is the juciest).

Heaven![/QUOTE]

Those morning poops are the best!
And no one spits.. the juciest nessnessness.

Stomp man, I was trying to be the kind but firm and understanding man here.. with a sense of humor. Oh, the humor! lol
You little queefs, don't ever start doing that stuff or if someone slapped you, I'd have little pity.
don't do that

[QUOTE="It just didn't do anything for me, it tasted and smelled like crap. I liken chew to picking up some cow/horse-sheite and putting that in your mouth. o_O

Yeah, but that horse sheit tastes pretty good when it's a nice fat pinch of moist snuff ........from a fresh can......first thing in the morning.....with a steaming hot cup of fresh black coffee......

My grand dads boss chewed. When he was about 60 they cut out about 2/3 of his mouth, throat and cheeks because of the cancer in his mouth from chewing that stuff.
But that can't happen to you, I know.
Ciggs couldn't hurt me either. Now I have a new Valve Job and entire new Aorta and some bypasses. So pretty much a solid second chance for the next 15 or more. Most are not that fortunate. Just saying.
I am not any "riotous" quitter by any means, anyone can smoke and even does not bother me being around them, but truly it is going to get them ultimately. There is no good benefit healthwise with it.
Either the lungs or heart will pay the price and dying is not a good choice and not any fun.... Just ask me :D

[QUOTE="Stinkerbelle,
Yeah, but that horse sheit tastes pretty good when it's a nice fat pinch of moist snuff ........from a fresh can......first thing in the morning.....with a steaming hot cup of fresh black coffee......[/QUOTE]

Never have drank coffee but a ice cold Mtn. Dew works for me.

Thats what sucks, she doesnt known chew! I chew at work and when I hunt and fish. Im pretty good at hiding it.

She knows. Just like somebody who closet smokes but thinks nobody else can tell. One kiss of your mug will give it away. People will sweep small stuff under the rug and act as if they don't know a lot of the time. The signs are always there.

@No_Regerts it sounds as if you don't want to quit or there is a very large psychological addiction going on.

I personally believe that anyone who has ever been a drug addict would say "If so and so would have just seen me doing this: xyz, they would have known I'm an addict". Each visible sign leaves behind 10 that are subtle.

Last Edited:
I quit about two years ago after chewing through late high school and all of college so... 7 years worth. I used Jakes Mint Chew to quit. Just shredded organic mint leaves. Has the same feel in the mouth as long cut, and you can milk it just like real chew, just doesn't pack as tight. The mint keeps your mouth clean and fresh and you still get that recognizable scent when you pop it open. That helped tremendously and I quit without a nicotine aid. If you combined that with a nicotine gum I'd think anybody could quit within a year.

I got to thinking after this thread started.

If I get cancer again I could die. And when your dead? You can't be alive anymore!

Man. I haven't had a chew since Tuesday. Thanks for ruining my last vice guy's! :s0002:
It's never gona be right chewing again.:s0058:

Dam you truth, and logic!

If this don't make you want to quit, then nothing will.

upload_2015-9-18_18-11-39.jpeg

When I played baseball as a young man, we all chewed Red Man or Beechnut. Later on I switched to Copenhagen.

Fast forward a few years to 1992.....I beach a boat in Ekwok, Alaska and head to the local store to get a couple cans. At $13 dollars per can I decided then and there that I was done. Haven't touched it since.

E

Hmmmm, at 40 years old I have contemplated a lot of things. Like chewing and drinking. I also think about death from time to time. After all, I'm past the "bullet-proof" days and on to real things like heart disease, cancer, strokes and so on. I have a stressful fast paced job and I handle it how I know how. I work out regularly and keep my physique as tight as I can for 40. BUT, stress is a funny thing. And it becomes more "real" as I age. MANY people pop pills for it, as prescribed by a doctor. The long term affect of these pills is not really known but they sure make you feel good. Things like BBQ's that use charcoal cause cancer. Spray paints, solvents, paint thinners, ammunition and shooting guns are ALL carcinogenic. And some things don't even cross our minds. Example: a dear friend of mine who is under the age of 60 and so WAS his wife lost her to mesothelioma. She worked at a major automotive repair chain and NOT in the shop. And asbestos took her life. VERY LITTLE exposure did it. He worked in the same exact place IN the shop and is good to go with zero lung issues. Explain that to me. You can't. And these are just a speck on the map of the awful world known as cancer. I enjoy life. I also enjoy my skoal and my beer. I'll keep fighting the good fight to work and pay bills but at the end of the day death is unavoidable. And preaching to me about my vice's is like pizzing up a wet rope.

I watch my uncle in his late 30s (started chain smoking at 10) die a miserable death in his crappy apartment. He had no money, no insurance. My dad bought him a hospital bed and a morphine drip.
He wasted away to nothing. Got lung cancer that spread to his spine.

I will never touch tobacco. And the aweful smell of those who smoke is gross.
Most people don't even smell themselves until long after they quit.

Chewing doesn't smell, but if you have half your jaw removed from cancer you'll sure be hating your life and choices.

Man, reading through this thread, I'm thankful I never took up smoking of any kind or chew. Sounds like a lot of nasty consequences. Plus, as a type 1 diabetic, I've got plenty of built-in health issues that would have been magnified by a factor of 10 if I had smoked.

Good on you to those that have found the strength to stop. I lost my grandmother at 53 to excessive smoking and drinking (big loss for me, we were very close). 20 years later, my grandfather went to lung cancer from years of smoking, though he had quit after his wife passed and earned two more decades with us, which I was very thankful for.

A good friend's husband had a massive heart attack 2 years ago on 205 at age 51 - he was gone before he hit the guardrail. A life long heavy smoker, he had a full month of warning signs of the impending heart attack but refused to go to the Dr out of fear that he would lose his CDL. Instead, his wife lost a husband and his kids lost a father.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top