JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True story, Father in law 4 years ago went to the dentist there was a small 1/32 inch dot on his gum line that was sore. They took a biopsy, in less then two weeks he was at stage 1. They scheduled him for surgery retested him 3 weeks later he was at Stage 2-3 . In that short time he went from a dot on his gum to having 4 inches of bone now being removed from his face being grafted with a leg bone then skin in his mouth for the gum had to be taken from his buttocks. By the time he healed the cancer was gone 6 month later however the bone a year later never fully grafted due to his smoking the tissue were damaged badly. Flash forward 4 years he now has no teeth and no bone structure to hold dentures. The bones are so brittle they did a second surgery last winter and it also failed. He was a handsome man and now looks like a 90 year old man at 61. He cant walk well due to both legs having bones removed, he had to sell his motorcycles . He once weighed 185lbs now weight in at 105 Looks like a german detention camp refuge. A shell of himself in just four years. I try and tell this story when I hear about people having difficulty quitting chew/cigs. Trust me its much more difficult if you don't quit. Of course if one doesn't mind eating oatmeal the rest of their lives, and losing half ones face well then live it up.

This stuff is not a might get cancer, its just a matter of when you will get it, if one doesn't stop now they will get it, there is no might about it.

( By the way my sons wife has a girlfriend that got cancer at 22 from smoking, don't think for a minute time is on your side )
Hearing someone's story kind of like that 15 years ago gave me the desire to quit and a few Hundreds packs of gum got me through the hard times.

I stopped for 2o years. Started again a couple years ago.
Not steady. Some days I chew. And some I don't.

I guess It's a good time to stop dabbling. And quit. While I still can.

So. What the heck. I quit!........................... Right after this can.:rolleyes:

Alright! You people with a wad in your chew holes stop it!!!

You're disgusting! I will not kiss you! Ever!

You are going to disfigure you're selves or die in agony! You stink and spit uncontrollably and you have brown drool lines down your chins!

So.....as I say, please quit and stick around, entertaining us with you're wit and wisdom! SRG

Alright! You people with a wad in your chew holes stop it!!!

You're disgusting! I will not kiss you! Ever!

You are going to disfigure you're selves or die in agony! You stink and spit uncontrollably and you have brown drool lines down your chins!

So.....as I say, please quit and stick around, entertaining us with you're wit and wisdom! SRG
The whole not kissing thing may not be the best motivation to stop. Who wants some random internet guy running up and laying one on ya?

First can I bought was 35 cents. Still remember being pissed in 83 or so when it went up to 75 cents a can but had a buddy who was a US tobacco rep who would give me a roll to go hand out 3 rolls of skoal long cut at frat parties. This was when a roll was still 10 cans. Now in Oregon and Washington most places are north of $7 a can. Virtually all in taxes. Last year it was about $2 a can when I was in Wyoming and it's still under $3 in many parts of the country.

Back in the day I would go through a can every day or two (usually with the "help" of some friends ) now a can usually lasts a couple weeks.
In all honesty I probably will join the ranks of quitters as I now have a son under 2 years and don't want to send him down that path. If for no other reason than to not contribute more tax money to the coffers of the lowlife anti 2A politicans...

I quit a month ago or so... I found that the fake chew really helps. I use smokey mountian wintergreen and it's okay, just okay- not like the real thing but sure does help.

I quit cigarettes over 20 years ago after 22 years of a pack and half a day. Honestly, the nicotine urge wasn't that hard to dismiss. What was difficult was the reinforced behavioral aspect... after a meal, drinking, after sex, right before going into a non-smoking situation, after exercise, standing outside BS-ing, watching other people light up, etc., etc., etc.

So there I was a couple years ago at a friend's house with a beer in one hand and a pool cue in the other. I actually set down the beer and started to reach for my left sock (where I used to keep my Camels in uniform). Funny how that habit/ritual would re-awaken so strongly a couple decades after it had been abandoned - in shorts and flip-flops no less!

Last Edited:
Tobacco Kills.

Stop Before it stops YOU.

Me? Over three Packs Pall Mall Regulars a day. Quit on
21 September, 1977, the day before my second Daughter was born.

We don't talk anymore, her issues, not mine. But it did not make me start again.

Hey. Start a did not dip today fund. Each can Not Bought.... Into the Fund.

While chewing all the gum, etc.....

When the Fund is ~Just Right~ Buy that "One More equals a Collection Gun!!!!

Also, the plain hard TRUTH about Addiction Should Be Study material.

I do not know if there is a CopeAnonymous... I am Serious as DEATH about this: one Must Admit to themselves they are Addicted.... And go from there

Me? I knew of my ~alcoholic tendencies~ and after the tobacco.... It started hitting me harder... And Harder.

And I quit... Hundreds of Times....

In AA, I found out how Not to Start Again. June 21 2015= 25 years of no Alcohol... And I am aware... Of the things that Start to Look like Addictive Behavior.... I no longer Go to AA, Primarily due to the Failure RATE.... I could not Help Them, and they were Hurting me!!!!

Does that make sense?

philip

Hearing someone's story kind of like that 15 years ago gave me the desire to quit and a few Hundreds packs of gum got me through the hard times.
I never really took on smoking oh sure the occasional stokey or cig at a poker game but I think maybe all in all 10 packs in my life time. What keeps and kept me was at a young age lost my uncle who was the smartest man I ever knew to lung cancer. He was a WW2 Mechanic and went on to work at TWA, he died only in his 60's, that and I have now watched two other loved ones not die from cancer but lived long enough to drown to death with emphysema literally drowning over periods of months. Had a cousin lose 90% of his lower jaw to chew. My vise seems to be in the form of liquid, oh I have slowed down over the years but what I really need to quit is these darnation firearms seem to cost me a bundle LOL. ( some levity for the topic)

My dad might have had a few to several more years of life - and with maybe better quality than he did when the COPD started taking him down in 2008 if he had quit smoking when my mom did over 20 years ago.

You are the only one you should quit for, you can fool people that you quit but not yourself.
Man up and just do it cold turkey without the crutches.

I had a 2 pack a day habit, quit many times over 45 years but with a scare of COPD (spelling) I said eff it and quit cold turkey.
While it pi$$es me off that state GOV can impose high taxes (sin taxes) on things I'm glad I quit but I hate the weight gain!!!!!!!

Good luck to you and your family will love you for it too.:)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top