JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is painful to watch.

crazy toledo cop - YouTube

Bizarre scene in Toledo: Cop holds entire family on ground with Taser | Police State USA

WashingtonTwshpOH1.png

Tasers?

It would be SO much easier for me to jump on the bandwagon with you guys if you didn't blow bubblegum way out of proportion.

HE DIDN'T TASER A FAMILY. Might as well have made it "Cop cuts up entire family and feeds to dogs!"

And without knowing WHY he was holding a taser on the whole family in the first place, we can't truly form an opinion on the matter one way or the other.

And without knowing WHY he was holding a taser on the whole family in the first place, we can't truly form an opinion on the matter one way or the other.

It does seem like he was acting like a complete jackass, though.

Everyone in that video was.

We don't know why.

Funny how the first part of the video is missing. I'd be interested to hear what started this.

I'm betting the officer can't handle verbal communication that allows another person to have equal say in the conversation. It's what leads to the escalation of physical force by most of these officers that can't stand not being the 600 pound gorilla in the room. Normal conversations occasionally have disagreement. Only a tyrant or someone like minded will think of themselves as always right, or above dissent.

I'm betting the officer can't handle verbal communication that allows another person to have equal say in the conversation. It's what leads to the escalation of physical force by most of these officers that can't stand not being the 600 pound gorilla in the room. Normal conversations occasionally have disagreement. Only a tyrant or someone like minded will think of themselves as always right, or above dissent.
Glad you're a betting guy but I prefer facts.

Glad you're a betting guy but I prefer facts.

What I said is a fact and it happens all too often. There are hundreds of videos as evidence at your fingertips on youtube, on local and national news websites etc.... For the particular video above I will say it doesn't look any better for that officer in the future, than it looked for the 3 people on the ground at the present time of the video. Their misfortune is only temporary and you will see all charges dropped if they even held from the start. However his misfortune will carry with him. He will go through either retraining (with reassignment) or be let go. The way the police unions protect their bad until they cant any longer, its likely he will just go through retraining but at least it will be a negative mark on his future evaluations as a police officer. That will effect his future promotions and allow his department to pass him up for someone else. Someone else that hasn't been caught yet or can actually handle the opinion of the person that they're trying to give a bad day to.

Perhaps part of the police officer screening process should be an attitude endurance test... if you can't stay cool while being taunted, you can't be a cop. Because people are going to do everything they can to get under your skin- you HAVE to be able to suck it up. ONE slip-up and I guarantee you somebody is going to be standing there with their iPhone pointed at you. [/career]

Perhaps part of the police officer screening process should be an attitude endurance test... if you can't stay cool while being taunted, you can't be a cop. Because people are going to do everything they can to get under your skin- you HAVE to be able to suck it up. ONE slip-up and I guarantee you somebody is going to be standing there with their iPhone pointed at you. [/career]

I agree but their psychological tests come at times when they already know they are being tested. They can easily manipulate these tests by masking their true intentions. One way around this is to create special teams that are supposed to invoke reactions from future police candidates but in real life situations, during actual real life and not when they know they're being tested. I don't think the people that have the ability to make this happen give a crap enough. We'll continue to have massive amounts of hot headed losers out there with a badge and a gun acting like extensions of a tyrant that only 'the law' creates.

I agree but their psychological tests come at times when they already know they are being tested. They can easily manipulate these tests by masking their true intentions. One way around this is to create special teams that are supposed to invoke reactions from future police candidates but in real life situations, during actual real life and not when they know they're being tested. I don't think the people that have the ability to make this happen give a crap enough. We'll continue to have massive amounts of hot headed losers out there with a badge and a gun acting like extensions of a tyrant that only 'the law' can create.
Agreed- on the first part. Only the training process will really weed problems out.

I don't think this is a massive problem but think it's easier to see due to cameras, etc. with social media, the few incidents that do happen get tweeted thousands of times. I think, when looking at videos and pictures, is really determine the facts from the visceral reactions based on comments and innuendo. My .02

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top