JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went to Florida over spring break and of course checked out a gun show and found a cool looking holster turned it over and it was made in Portland Oregon 3k miles away lol what are the chances ! I thought it would be cool for my Ruger Wrangler it fits also holds a full size 1911 does anyone know about The George Lawrence holsters ?

2E9E2B1F-019E-4153-A457-B94236066EB6.jpeg F2EC8A05-1A0B-48C8-95D7-A5709E0677EA.jpeg

Last Edited:
George Lawrence holsters are/were very well known, and very prolific. Folks from my era, who since have amassed many boxes of now unused holsters, will find Lawrence holsters in their stash.

What are the extra straps used for they look to be silver and turquoise ?
Maybe a tie down for your thigh....very popular with 1940's / 50's and 60's "fast draw" western holsters.
Andy
Edit to add....
Looks like the 77B , B for basketweave was made for a Colt Single Action Army revolver.

Last Edited:
The 77 stamp denotes the model number. B stamp is for Basket Weave. The 505 stamp identifies which gun(s) the holster will fit. These include: Colt New Service 6", Colt Shooting Master 6". SW Highway Patrolman (Model 28).

Looking at the Lawrence label stamp, it appears to be of later (1960"s) vintage.

It looks to me like the additional "peacocking" was added by the owner rather than the factory, but who knows.

I almost always rifle through the "holster boxes" at gun shows, looking for good leather. In keeping with the "Goin' at it Backwards" method (see my recent thread regarding that), Lawrence holsters, Buchmeier, and Eubanks are all triggers for my radar, especially when basketweave-tooled.

1684164242653.jpeg

Each of these holsters was purchased prior to owning the gun to which they are now assigned. Clockwise from the top:

Uberti SAA Bisley .44-40
High Standard HD Military .22lr.
Kimber Match Target 1911 (Kimber .22lr conversion installed).
Colt's Trooper MKIII .357.

The Bisley's leather is Lawrence. The others are Eubanks (Boise, ID), though the black Trooper holster is marked "Idaho Leather Co." (I assume a later name for Eubanks?).

Such holsters can be purchased quite often for PENNIES on the dollar compared to what it would cost to have them made today, and are arguably of better quality. Most of these were obtained for well under $20 (the Kimber's clothing came for $5!).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top