JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How to make a Taurus PT-92 magazine to work in a Beretta PX4.

The reason I did this bit of research is for two reasons. 1: because of the lack of availability of 30 round magazines for the PX4 platform, Beretta says they make them but they are usually out of stock and expensive at that. 2: because PT-92 magazines are much cheaper than PX4 magazines, I have seen them on blowout for $8.99! So lets get to it.

First a comparison of the two magazines.
PX4 body width = .8", PT-92 = .798" so a little smaller by a few thousandths
Magazine depth (front to back) identical
Angle of feed = identical
Angle of floorplate = identical
PX4 front lip to top of mag notch = 1.475" PT-92 = 1.67"
PX4 notch width top to bottom = .10"
Px4 notch depth front to back = .30"
Px4 top lip to bottom of notch = 1.575"

So this tells us that if you were to cut a .1" notch @ the 1.475" mark on the pt 92 magazine it will lock into the PX4 and fit. So I marked it out with my digital micrometer (harbor freight) and cut the notch with a dremel. The width of the notch is more important than the depth. Go slow and test fit often. Voila, now I had a 30 round mag for my PX4 for $9.

Now I used this to make a 30 round mag for a subcompact, if you were to use on the 17 rnd mags and on a full size PX4 I would suggest that you check the magazine length.

I've done similar to make hi cap 30 round 92 mags to fit Taurus PT111s. I have a pic in my computer I'll load up tomorrow.

Hey idahoan, do you have any pics of the modifications that could help a novice like me out? I'd live a 30 round clip for my Px4!

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top