JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I pulled out my MantisX again and started doing some dry fire practice with my PX4. And have discovered that I REALLY like the DA pull on this pistol, I "shoot" it better DA than SA. So I'm wondering if anyone here knows the minimum parts needed to covert my type G to a type D. I've already done a couple Google searches, most of the references I can find are for converting TO a G type, or they're unclear/contradictory about what I'm actually looking for. Hope someone here has the answer, thanks.

Dave

I'd reach out to Langdon Tactical.
I did, they referred me to Midwest Gun Works. This is kind of the opposite of what LTT does, so they don't have much experience with this. Also talked to a Beretta tech, but either A) he doesn't know their product line as well as he thinks he does, or B) he had a lawyer looking over his shoulder 🙄. Anyway, I THINK all I'll need is a new trigger group, which MGW has in stock, at almost $140 😳. My only remaining question is whether it'll function properly with the G/F slide, the cost for a slick slide would be prohibitive, I might as well buy another gun, assuming I could even find what I'm looking for. Thanks for the response, later.

Dave

This, I'd get a Langdon job and walk away.
See my last post, this isn't really the kind of work LTT does, plus I'm trying to do this as inexpensively as possible. I don't want to spend a ton of money and then decide I made a bad decision. No, $140 isn't peanuts, but I can change it back if I don't like it as much as I think I will. Sending it in to LTT would be at least double that, and a lot of what they do I can do myself, I'm a pretty good tech and I've worked on nearly all my own guns. Hand fitting and polishing is well within my skill set, and I'm capable of some light machining if needed. Later.

Dave

See my last post, this isn't really the kind of work LTT does, plus I'm trying to do this as inexpensively as possible. I don't want to spend a ton of money and then decide I made a bad decision. No, $140 isn't peanuts, but I can change it back if I don't like it as much as I think I will. Sending it in to LTT would be at least double that, and a lot of what they do I can do myself, I'm a pretty good tech and I've worked on nearly all my own guns. Hand fitting and polishing is well within my skill set, and I'm capable of some light machining if needed. Later.

Dave
Trigger job in a bag is what you seek.

Trigger job in a bag is what you seek.
TJIB isn't quite what I'm looking for, either. That enhances both DA and SA, I want this thing to be double action only. However, I was able to get what I wanted by simply removing the sear as had been suggested in posts I'd seen elsewhere. Felt wrong and seemed too simple, but on further review, I decided to give it a try. That did the trick, and yes, I did a careful and thorough job of verifying that all the other parts of the system continued to work properly. Only odd thing is that the pull weight went up significantly, from 8 to 9.5 lb. Doesn't feel any different, and doesn't seem to have any negative impact on shootability, so I'm calling it good for now. I already have a "D" hammer spring installed, per Beretta, that's a 16 lb. spring, so I may try one of the lighter springs from Langdon Tactical. Or not, at least with dry fire practice with my MantisX, I'm still "shooting" it just fine, but some more live fire will maybe tell me otherwise. Later.

Dave

TJIB isn't quite what I'm looking for, either. That enhances both DA and SA, I want this thing to be double action only. However, I was able to get what I wanted by simply removing the sear as had been suggested in posts I'd seen elsewhere. Felt wrong and seemed too simple, but on further review, I decided to give it a try. That did the trick, and yes, I did a careful and thorough job of verifying that all the other parts of the system continued to work properly. Only odd thing is that the pull weight went up significantly, from 8 to 9.5 lb. Doesn't feel any different, and doesn't seem to have any negative impact on shootability, so I'm calling it good for now. I already have a "D" hammer spring installed, per Beretta, that's a 16 lb. spring, so I may try one of the lighter springs from Langdon Tactical. Or not, at least with dry fire practice with my MantisX, I'm still "shooting" it just fine, but some more live fire will maybe tell me otherwise. Later.

Dave
According to Langdon the D hammer spring is heavier than the stock hammer spring on the px4. I would grab one of the lighter springs from him, or at least put the stock px4 hammer spring back in there.

According to Langdon the D hammer spring is heavier than the stock hammer spring on the px4. I would grab one of the lighter springs from him, or at least put the stock px4 hammer spring back in there.
I've seen that same info before, but according to Beretta, the stock spring in the PX4 is 20 pounds vs. 16 for the "D" spring. Regardless, I just ordered a 10 lb. spring, it should arrive by the end of the week 😎. Later.

Dave

How would the Langdon trigger job or TJIB impact the action with the sear removed?
No idea if it would have any impact at all, with no sear, there's really nothing to polish. Maybe replace some springs? I think the TJIB also includes the LTT trigger bar, but that wouldn't help me anyway, it's only for 9/40, the .45 ACP uses a different bar. Later.

Dave

Not to hijack the subject but does anyone know if it's possible to do the reverse job on a PX4? I have the DAO model and would much prefer a dao/sao or sao only version in 45acp...
Thanks!

Not to hijack the subject but does anyone know if it's possible to do the reverse job on a PX4? I have the DAO model and would much prefer a dao/sao or sao only version in 45acp...
Thanks!
Is yours the "slick slide" version, i.e. no safety/decocker? That would make it a bit trickier, but based on what I just did with mine, I THINK all you'd need is a new hammer and sear, maybe a trigger bar. You'd end up with a DA/SA with no safety or decocker, but it would be a standard DA/SA version in all other ways. The other option would be a trade for a type F or G, if that's something you'd be interested in, I can convert mine back to a G type by simply reinstalling the sear. BTW, the 10 lb. hammer spring from LTT dropped the pull weight down to ~7 lb., but it feels lighter. Let me know if you're interested, I'm liking mine as a DAO a lot, but if I could swap it for a slick slide version, even better 😎. Later.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR