JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
How to make a Taurus PT-92 magazine to work in a Beretta PX4.

The reason I did this bit of research is for two reasons. 1: because of the lack of availability of 30 round magazines for the PX4 platform, Beretta says they make them but they are usually out of stock and expensive at that. 2: because PT-92 magazines are much cheaper than PX4 magazines, I have seen them on blowout for $8.99! So lets get to it.

First a comparison of the two magazines.
PX4 body width = .8", PT-92 = .798" so a little smaller by a few thousandths
Magazine depth (front to back) identical
Angle of feed = identical
Angle of floorplate = identical
PX4 front lip to top of mag notch = 1.475" PT-92 = 1.67"
PX4 notch width top to bottom = .10"
Px4 notch depth front to back = .30"
Px4 top lip to bottom of notch = 1.575"

So this tells us that if you were to cut a .1" notch @ the 1.475" mark on the pt 92 magazine it will lock into the PX4 and fit. So I marked it out with my digital micrometer (harbor freight) and cut the notch with a dremel. The width of the notch is more important than the depth. Go slow and test fit often. Voila, now I had a 30 round mag for my PX4 for $9.

Now I used this to make a 30 round mag for a subcompact, if you were to use on the 17 rnd mags and on a full size PX4 I would suggest that you check the magazine length.

I've done similar to make hi cap 30 round 92 mags to fit Taurus PT111s. I have a pic in my computer I'll load up tomorrow.

Hey idahoan, do you have any pics of the modifications that could help a novice like me out? I'd live a 30 round clip for my Px4!

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews