JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yes it is, but not quite the mafia that the executive and legislative branches has become…
But you're talking about what SCOTUS is doing as if the rest of the government is somehow interfering with it. The only people that are attempting to interfere are protesting citizens. The clerk who leaked it is just as likely to be conservative as liberal.

Also, the "whole enchilada" concept is flawed too
Just to be clear, my "whole enchilada" concept consists of all handguns, not all guns in general. Yes, the anti-gunners use incremental tactics. But it's hard to believe they would make a distinction between different action types of handguns in formulating legislation. But stranger things have happened. Here in Wash. they divvied up rifle types in their focus on "assault weapons." Yet the concealable nature of handguns pretty much lumps them all together as a force of evil to the anti-gunners.

I will go on with my plans to get revolvers chambered for semi-auto pistol cartridges.
By all means, I would never discourage your activity. I've had similar notions of my own. That's why I own a few single shot long guns. They may be the very last thing we are allowed to own.

My primary interest has always been old surplus rifles. I like the history, and the mechanical ingenuity in the development of them. Most of my long guns at least would be legal even in the UK.

That's not to say that I necessarily think that that level of restrictions are an unavoidable eventuality here. Nearly all Sci-Fi or futurist TV shows and movies show a future that's either dystopian or a Progressive utopia. We're led to believe that the natural evolution of civilization is towards this leftist dream. That's all idealism and entertainment. What's real is here and now. We don't know the future; it is what we make it. It feels pretty defeatist to assume that the future is so bleak no matter what we do.

That's why I own a few single shot long guns. They may be the very last thing we are allowed to own.
I should add, I've gone to the extreme of buying chamber inserts (sleeves) for single shot shotguns. I have a sleeve for shooting .32 H&R Mag (I think .32 ACP would also work but haven't tried it yet) in .410 bore. I also have a sleeve for shooting 9mm Para in 28 gauge. Admittedly, that would be a long process for using up a significant quantity of 9mm.

Some years ago, I had companion accessory barrels for New England Firearms single shots. I bought two in pistol cartridges that could be mounted on either of the NEF frame types, rifle or shotgun. One was .357, the other was .44. I figured this would be a way to use up pistol ammo in shoulder guns, if the day every came when that was a problem. As we are discussing here. Over the years, I sold my .44 handguns. I let the accessory barrels go, figuring I'd just take a chance with my supply of .38 Special / .357 ammo.

I also had a couple of NEF .45 / .410 shotguns. Those would've allowed me to use up my .45 Colt ammo. Those have a removeable choke that allows the .45 solid projectile ammo to be fired.

It doesn't hurt to be ready for anything.

Aside for whatever may happen in the future, I highly endorse the Smith & Wesson Model 986. Eight shots. The one with the five inch barrel. Which is no longer listed on the factory website as being in production, but they are still current enough that they are available on Gunbroker. As an out of production model, the value is likely to go up, especially for a specialty caliber piece.

The Smith & Wesson Model 929 Performance Center gun has a 6-1/2 inch bbl., a little long for my purposes.

The prices for moon clips for modern 9mm revolvers are extortionate. Ruger SP101, second series, is a prime example. Be aware, Ruger has made these in two waves, and they do not take the same clips one to another.

I should add, I've gone to the extreme of buying chamber inserts (sleeves) for single shot shotguns. I have a sleeve for shooting .32 H&R Mag (I think .32 ACP would also work but haven't tried it yet) in .410 bore. I also have a sleeve for shooting 9mm Para in 28 gauge. Admittedly, that would be a long process for using up a significant quantity of 9mm.
I have a cap and ball adapter for my Uzi.

You ask him.
inquiring-minds-want-to-know.png

?

I thought you might have figured out by now that I don't take well to third-party questions. I'm more than happy to explain the wacky UK gun laws to anybody who asks at any time.

I get to have a whinge, and you'll get to have laff - win/win. :)
At this point, I really don't care what the UK or England did about revolvers vs. semis.

I am going to do what I am going to do regardless of what happened there or whether people think I am being silly or not.

I was more interested in the technical aspects of the conversions than the political ones. If the US or state governments decide to ban semis altogether, it will probably be after I am gone, but it is still part of the reason I am doing what I am doing.

I think I missed something here, since a lot has been deleted, but on the chance that I may have offended tac, I sincerely apologize. That was not my intention at all.

So I decided, after shooting/handling my new (to me) 325TR, that I would sell my 460V (and allow for trades) and then (if it and/or my scope sells) decide on whether to get one of the items listed in my trades that would interest me:

Ruger LCRX .22LR 3"
Ruger LCRX .357 3"
Ruger LCRX 9mm
S&W 610 4" Barrel
S&W 986

I might also get a Chiappa 9mm or 40

We'll see.

At this point, my savings are down to below my preferred minimum, so I am using trades/cash from some of my firearm items, if they sell.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top