JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He's referring to the scope adjustments actually adjusting as they should. If you do a box test on a scope that has 1/4 MOA clicks, moving your point of impact 4 inches at 100 yards should be 16 clicks. My experience with Leupold has been that its not always the case. They hold zero great, but their adjustments are not always consistent. The SWFA scopes are known to be consistent. If you set and forget, not a big deal. If you use your turrets to adjust for range, its a very big deal.

Excellent post my friend. I went back and added a thread from 24 hour campfire that shows a lot of problems guys have had with L scopes... It's a good read and I picked that one because guys are actually trying to converse, rather than go ballistic and belligerent like they do sometimes there in the optics forum....:oops: I'm not a hater of Leupold, but did have to give up on them because of their tracking and failure to hold zero and RTZ problems they have had. Basically got tired of sending them in for repair...:(

I just did a search and it said the OP closed it. So I'm guessing he got tired of all that bull and decided to close it which probably a Great idea!!! :):):)

Lol!!!!!
Keep my thread open.
And at least I most likely have shot the biggest Bull Elk as far as members go on this site. Lol!!!!!
My "L" Scope performed.
Batter up!!!!

Hahahahaha

928690F6-180A-46B0-A90B-D8F44ADEBBFB.jpeg

1) Telescopic sights do NOT make a rifle more accurate.

2) Iron sights (especially a peep rear well removed from a front) frequently find the very last increment of accuracy (that the rifle already holds) from a rifle when the optics have failed in that regard.

3) Added features to a scope INCREASE its chance for failure. (Actually this axiom applies to all instruments ---optical or not----but persons sucked into the vortex of the market of riflescopes will argue against it till the sun goes down).

4) A variable scope is a good idea. A variable scope is also something that you will find is a thing you will almost never use, and the more experience in the field that you have, you will find yourself (by reason of experiences) leaving your variable power (I hope it is understood: Big Game) at a power setting very near the bottom level of its attractive offerings. Trust me: you want that baby on 2x, 3x or MAX RADICAL!! 5x, (This gives the shooter perfect chest cavity definition to 300 yards).

You should never fool yourself to going to the "ultra-highs" (of magnification...9x-14x) unless you are solid rest and with generous time.

Lol I'm more interested in why the i
Other thread was shut down

I just did a search and it said the OP closed it. So I'm guessing he got tired of all that bull and decided to close it which probably a Great idea!!! :):):)

Yup, I started it, I closed it. Some were tired of the bull, some were tired of repeat questions, some saw some questions as stupid, some saw a poser pretending not to know anything and called it trolling, some were tired of hand-holding, some were tired of advice not being taken, some were tired of arguing, some wanted it closed since like, page 2, some wanted it kept open (endlessly), mods were getting complaints and PMs, I was getting complaints and PMs, I learned thru a back-channel that Joe Link was getting complaints about Mods, I got tired of the lot and requested it be shut down.

Maybe this will go better? IDK. IMO it has so far. Best wishes - bb

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads