JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My theory is that Jerry Miculek has such a diabolical gravitational pull for all ammoes that it tries to meander over his way wherever he happens to be at the time.

Having worked for UPS for 6 years during my teens and early twenties, I can tell you one thing. Ammo was often damaged and had to go to a certain section where it would be repackaged. In other words, a UPS employee would verify the order against the packing slip if there was one, and repackage it if it was all there. This could cause a delay up to two or more days, even longer if stuff was missing. I don't recall what happened to stuff that was missing or damaged, but it was all about preventing shippers from claiming missed shipments, where UPS would have to refund the shipping costs.

That makes sense to me. Seeing the way they get caught throwing stuff around I can easily see ammo being on the receiving end of stuff being damaged. I buy a lot of ammo on line and often the packages look like they have been run through a mill from both Fed-Ex and UPS.

Academy is quite a large group. It's not just one little store.

I have been buying .22 ammo from them (Academy) ever since the great panic. I have often wondered how the hell they make money off it for what they sell it for. Often if they did not have enough of what I was buying to make the $25 cut I would toss in a box of something else. I often found the one box would come from one state, while the rest would come from another. All free shipping. Their price on .22 matches what Wally charges so I long ago stopped bothering to even look at Wally. They weren't even charging sales tax until very recently. Last order I placed they finally started collecting sales tax for WA but with them dropping it at my door free? Beats heading out to Wally to me.

Academy is quite a large group. It's not just one little store.
Correct. They ship separately from several locations on the same order. For that reason, I have no idea how they can turn a buck, considering the shipping costs. However, I have never had a mixed up order from them, or delayed or damaged.

I agree, Academy is a better than average place to do business with. Any shipping Issues I've ever had were caused by the shipping company. All in all, FedEx has been the best for me.

I agree, Academy is a better than average place to do business with. Any shipping Issues I've ever had were caused by the shipping company. All in all, FedEx has been the best for me.

Ditto here with them. I had ammo coming from them weekly all during the last great panic shortage. Since I could watch the site the second .22 ammo would come on line I would grab the limit for a couple different accounts. Was sharing it with co workers. The only delivery problems were always the carrier. A few times it was left at the wrong house. Since I work nights I was always able to track it down but the weekly orders for years were never wrong from them.

There are these black large SUV's parked outside his house with blacked out windows.
Today was notices not the normal mail man the last three days he said .....
He saw a UFO last night and bigfoot was going thru his garbage last night as well.
I know he isn't wanting to leave but should as he hasn't had his meds in a week or so.

But I am sure everything is fine.
Nothing to worry about I would only start to worry when he see black helos circle over head

Ditto here with them. I had ammo coming from them weekly all during the last great panic shortage. Since I could watch the site the second .22 ammo would come on line I would grab the limit for a couple different accounts. Was sharing it with co workers. The only delivery problems were always the carrier. A few times it was left at the wrong house. Since I work nights I was always able to track it down but the weekly orders for years were never wrong from them.

Graveyard worker here as well.

If you have a UPS hub convenient to you, some shippers will allow re-route to hub for pickup.

Super convenient, I just pick up the order after shift at the hub on the way home.

Saves someone being at the house for signature (or making sure I'm awake...).

-Mind that some shippers do not allow re-route once shipped. Forget ATM which ones do not allow for it.-

SGammo does, and I "think" PSA does as well.

Graveyard worker here as well.

If you have a UPS hub convenient to you, some shippers will allow re-route to hub for pickup.

Super convenient, I just pick up the order after shift at the hub on the way home.

Saves someone being at the house for signature (or making sure I'm awake...).

-Mind that some shippers do not allow re-route once shipped. Forget ATM which ones do not allow for it.-

SGammo does, and I "think" PSA does as well.

The hub for UPS is in the next city south of me here and the FedEx is almost the next county. Since I always pay with a Credit card I figure if they do lose it no skin off me. They will either find it or my money comes back. A couple times the cameras out front came in handy. I would get a text on my phone saying it was delivered and nothing there. So play the tape back and see the driver leaving it at another house. UPS and FedEx though are allstars compared to the USPS. We for a couple decades had the same woman 5 days a week and all was normally fine. Some times on her day off the help would screw up. She must have retired and man it went to hell. Shop the crap out of Amazon and stuff was going missing weekly for a while. Along with us getting mail for homes not even on our street. I let it go for a long while and finally had enough. Started filling out a complaint every time some neighbor would bring me one of my packages. It was a long process but after many complaints all of a sudden it stopped. Must have gotten someones attention finally. It got to where I hated to see Amazon tracking showing anything was coming USPS as there was a 50% chance it was not going to make it to my house unless some neighbor brought it by. :)

There are no natural causes.
EVERYTHING is a conspiracy.
There are black helicopters everywhere.
My neighbor is out to get me, I just know it.
My dog is giving me the evil eye.
Someone help me.........:eek:

Wanted to give another shout out to SG Ammo since we are talking on line ammo. I have loved Academy for years for .22 but normally not so much for everything else. I used Ammoman for many years until the last great panic. He decided to join in on the scalping and that's fine. It is his business to run as he see's fit but I did not like it. Would not buy from him after the panic shortage was gone. Stumbled onto SG from another poster here. Now have used them multiple times and have been VERY happy. Great price, service, and selection.

It does not help delivery when the box is slapped with an ORM-D sticker that also states: CARTRIDGES, SMALL ARMS in block letters, all caps. However, my Academy Sports order on the 6th from Georgia arrived today. No problems.

It does not help delivery when the box is slapped with an ORM-D sticker that also states: CARTRIDGES, SMALL ARMS in block letters, all caps. However, my Academy Sports order on the 6th from Georgia arrived today. No problems.

I have always kind of wished they could leave off the part about it being ammo. The ORM-D is fine since that can be a lot of stuff. Have yet to get one stolen but it does make me wonder why that needs to be on there. When I was getting .22 ammo weekly for myself and others I did used to wonder how much of that got "diverted", when you could not buy it anywhere but mine always made it to me, even if it did land on the wrong porch first :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top