JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Conspiracy, or bad service ?

Every time " my friend " ;) orders ammo on line its delayed. At first it just seemed the way it is, but
time an time again its delayed. Ordering parts seems fine but ammo from any place seems to do this.
My ( friend ) is located right near two major shipping hubs so being out the boonies is not effected yet time and time again the ammo is delayed as much as 4 days.
When I say delayed I mean it ships and then in transit sits at one place and a notice is sent saying delayed.

Maybe 12 times its happened ( he ;) ) Tells me.

Where is 'he' ordering from? That sounds odd to me. I won't put my tinfoil on for the little bit that you've doled out thus far but with some more detail added to the story I might start reaching for my hat :D

Where is 'he' ordering from? That sounds odd to me. I won't put my tinfoil on for the little bit that you've doled out thus far but with some more detail added to the story I might start reaching for my hat :D
As mentioned ordering from all over from different times of year etc, but items bought at the same places that are not ammo are never delayed.

Well in that case.......it's time
Signs-Film-1108x0-c-default.jpg

I giggle every time I think of this pic or the scene in the movie! :D

Having worked for UPS for 6 years during my teens and early twenties, I can tell you one thing. Ammo was often damaged and had to go to a certain section where it would be repackaged. In other words, a UPS employee would verify the order against the packing slip if there was one, and repackage it if it was all there. This could cause a delay up to two or more days, even longer if stuff was missing. I don't recall what happened to stuff that was missing or damaged, but it was all about preventing shippers from claiming missed shipments, where UPS would have to refund the shipping costs.

Yea its been going on about a year and half not sure why.

Having worked for UPS for 6 years during my teens and early twenties, I can tell you one thing. Ammo was often damaged and had to go to a certain section where it would be repackaged. In other words, a UPS employee would verify the order against the packing slip if there was one, and repackage it if it was all there. This could cause a delay up to two or more days, even longer if stuff was missing. I don't recall what happened to stuff that was missing or damaged, but it was all about preventing shippers from claiming missed shipments, where UPS would have to refund the shipping costs.

Thats good to know............

There are these black large SUV's parked outside his house with blacked out windows.
Today was notices not the normal mail man the last three days he said .....
He saw a UFO last night and bigfoot was going thru his garbage last night as well.
I know he isn't wanting to leave but should as he hasn't had his meds in a week or so.

But I am sure everything is fine.

There's the conspiracy! Employees are busting up your packages and sweeping their mistakes under the rug, as approved by management!

There's the conspiracy! Employees are busting up your packages and sweeping their mistakes under the rug, as approved by management!
Although I can't say that happened, it was rarely ammo being stolen. I worked on the part of the warehouse that loaded the truck going to the Amazon facility in Fernley. The boxes of iPods would go missing all the time. Best string of thefts happened when a manager was taking "breaks" to go throw a few boxes full of them over the fence to his waiting buddy in the lot over. Think low hanging fruit idiots.

Ammo is heavy and when it is on a conveyor belt 30 feet in the air with boxes backed up 60 feet behind it, stuff tends to get pushed over the edge of the belts guard and freefall. Ammo, wine, and other items never stood a chance.

Other angle is its usually sent via ground. So when it's on a truck for 3 days, the same trailer, it doesn't get scanned until it's taken off the trailer, likely at the hub near the delivery address. So this gives the appearance like it sat in 1 place.

Now if it shows "delivered to sorting facilities" then it sits, it can be some of the above issues.

I have never had any issues with deliveries once shipped, only time I have had troubles was when the vendor over orderd or some how didn't have the product when I ordered it!
Have you guys seen the shipping houses at the big 4? No wonder stuff gets beat up! The worst one was FedEx at the Portland airport, man do they mangle packages, and the Postal hub at the airport is a nightmare! Good golly, tbose guys could mangle a rock!

I once had a UPS driver forge my name and "Deliver" a package to the 9 year old daughter from next door!!! Got his tail fired and charged with the forgery. He was sentenced to 10 years so I think he may have learned his lesson. The package was a Case of 9mm.

Oh, and when UPS says their "Ground" service can take up to 7 days; they really mean "WILL" take 7 days even if it is coming from the other side of town.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top