JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a jacket with a huge cc pocket, its a riding jacket ( motorcycle) and i can put a full size 1911 in it, but it gets a bit heavy to wear that way. I have a XD subcompact with night sights, but it is thicker and heavier than what I want. I feel like a glock 19 might fit the bill, but I am looking for other Ideas. Any suggestions?

This.
In a good holster.

IMG_0026.JPG

Don't count out the XDs models, available in 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP. And choices of 3.3" or 4.0" barrels...

M&P Shields are another choice also available in 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP...

All depends on how thick and how heavy you want to go... Can't really go wrong with a G19 either...

Geezzz, I'm kinda wishey washey today...

Don't count out the XDs models, available in 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP. And choices of 3.3" or 4.0" barrels...

M&P Shields are another choice also available in 9mm, .40 and .45 ACP...

All depends on how thick and how heavy you want to go... Can't really go wrong with a G19 either...

Geezzz, I'm kinda wishey washey today...
I have the XD sub compact in 9mm/ I love it, shoots great, good capacity, but it is heavy, especially in a jacket on one side, makes it uncomfortable on a long ride without something to weigh down the other side.

I have a 9mm Sig P320 that I love. You can change out the grip module for $46 to find the one that fits you best. It comes with a medium, which felt and shot great, but I felt was just a touch big for CC. I picked up a small frame, which was like 1/8" smaller in circumference, and that was perfect to carry all day.
And with the modularity of the gun, you can switch it around to match what you want to carry when you want to carry it. As in, if you want the compact on most days, but the subcompact on others, it's just a matter of a few seconds to change it over. And with a caliber exchange kit, you can have it in 357, 9, or 40. The 45 is strictly 45, but it can be in all 4 of the offered sizes. ;)

I have a jacket with a huge cc pocket, its a riding jacket ( motorcycle) and i can put a full size 1911 in it, but it gets a bit heavy to wear that way. I have a XD subcompact with night sights, but it is thicker and heavier than what I want. I feel like a glock 19 might fit the bill, but I am looking for other Ideas. Any suggestions?

This is another of the impossible to answer since everyone likes something different. The one big thing I would avoid is anything you can't safely carry with no holster covering the trigger. I am assuming you are not using a holster in the pocket? If this is true I would not use a Glock. Other that that there is a ton of small autos and wheel guns that fill the bill here.

While I really can't comment on a choice of firearm ... there are way too many variables for me to throw an idea your way.
But I second or third the idea of using a quality holster for your carry needs.
I dislike the idea of a jacket because it can be taken off , left off or forgotten and the gun may end up out of your control.
Andy

While I really can't comment on a choice of firearm ... there are way too many variables for me to throw an idea your way.
I dislike the idea of a jacket because it can be taken off , left off or forgotten and the gun may end up out of your control.
Andy
Agree with this, personally carry iwb 99.9% of the time... On the rare occasion I may front pocket carry, but it's usually inside the waistband, where I have more control of it...

Andy
Perhaps the coat carry is for the spare gun... Why have just one .45 when you could have two?

If you're ok with limited capacity, maybe something light like a S&W 442 or Ruger LCR inside a Sticky Holster tucked inside your jacket pocket. So it would be available while you're riding, but still have a primary on you some place comfortable.

Springfield Armory Xtreme Duty (XD) 5 inch .45 Tactical with ambo thumb safety. 13+1. Works for me. Also consider the very old but still good Charter Arms Bull Dog 3" bbl .44 special revolver. A bucker.

If you're ok with limited capacity, maybe something light like a S&W 442 or Ruger LCR inside a Sticky Holster tucked inside your jacket pocket. So it would be available while you're riding, but still have a primary on you some place comfortable.
I have a 442 that i do carry alot but in this case its just for this specific carry. I love the reliability and lightweight of the 442

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top