JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
thanks everyone, i know to start low and work up looking for over pressure signs. this was more of a WTH question.

But if the Lyman 44th is correct and Factory 30-30 loads were made of 35gr of IMR-4895 back when the manual was published, then why werent everyone Marlin leverguns blowing up in their faces if now they say that the max is 30?

I just see thing like this and think to my self WTH... so i look to see if someone out there is using this data that is above what they consider "safe" today. Is it better testing and equipment today or like someone else said... More Lawyers?
Cross-referencing between manuals is an excellent idea. Even in the newer manuals, there can be quite large discrepancies. Manuals generally give us a reasonably safe starting point. They are not the word of God and should never be treated as such for maximum nor minimum in your firearm. Look at all the data available, talk to experienced people, and use best judgment best practices.

Upcoming Events

Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top