JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well here is another one for you. How many people carry and don't have a permit?

I am guessing the number is quite large. Many people believe that the 2A is all we need to carry and I agree and that permits are an infringement.

Or how about people with expired permits? I went to renew mine last month on my birthday, guess what. It had been expired for a year.

I open carried for over 25 years without a permit. Perfectly legal (in OR, ID and WA...and a lot of other states)

Well here is another one for you. How many people carry and don't have a permit?

I am guessing the number is quite large. Many people believe that the 2A is all we need to carry and I agree and that permits are an infringement.

Or how about people with expired permits? I went to renew mine last month on my birthday, guess what. It had been expired for a year.

While I agree with you in principle and think it is BS that we need a permit to use our 2A rights but, since it's only $50 every couple years and not a terrible hassle. I know most will say that every little infringement just adds up, but I would much rather have the license and not have to deal with the police if a situation was ever to arise. Given the laws of the land at this point, I'm ok with them running background checks on everyone that can legally carry. In a perfect world it would not be needed but it is what it is.

Your Correct, it also depends where your going, say like a school or court or some where you can NOT carry into, so your not going to leave it your car.. And some times you just don't but knowing that you have a CHL, CPL, or CWP and can carry legally is good. JMO

you can carry in a public school in oregon with a CHL.

you can carry in a public school in oregon with a CHL.

Correct, there are no longer legislative restrictions on this. However, many OR schools have their own no firearm POLICY in place. Like any other concealed carry decision, its for the individual to choose his/her own risk level when dealing with posted policies.

OH5 I see some of your comments were about OC. I OC/CC depending on my dress/location. I do not generally go out of my way to carry one way or another. I generally carry strong side in a OWB holster and my M&P 9c has been my main carry for several years now. Before that it was a G35 winter, Colt Mustang summer generally.

In the summer that means I am almost alway OC, in the winter I am OC/CC about 50/50. While I don't go out of my way to "show off" I am carrying neither do I try to hide the fact. I just carry and "do not think about it". If I am in a restaurant I take my coat off, sit and eat, then stand up and put it back on. I do this the same way I would if I was carrying or not.

I like Hermanr live in a rural area for the most part. I do travel a lot though. I work and spend half my time "out places" in Yakima. Whenever I am in OR I have to OC since I do not have an OR permit. Spent 2 days there on motorcycles last year including crowded National Parks. I do not spend much time in other places but I have OCed in the Seattle area when I am there.

Ive had my permit for almost two years now, I used to not carry due to feeling self conscious that my pistol would show with my clothing. Even as a woman, i used to hardly, if ever carry a purse. id much rather just carry my wallet in my pocket. Within these past months ive been carrying a tote with me with it in it. I have a Springfield XD compact and i still feel its bulky in my tote...ive actually been trying to figure out tote that i can make that has a separate pocket to securely hold it. The more I carry, the more I feel comfortable with it on me. I respect all firearms, maybe so much I worry about being seen with it within city limits and running into a civilian who may or may not see it and freak.

Don't worry about someone else seeing that you are armed. Most people today are so into their own little world they don't even notice, and the ones that you want to notice that you can defend yourself (those that would do you harm) cannot see you are armed and are able to defend yourself.

There is no law in OR that says you MUST conceal. There is no law in OR that even closely addresses "printing". Why? Because Open Carry is legal. You need a CHL to carry in Protland, Bevererton, Tigard and Salem...but outside of those cities, you do not even need a CHL to open carry..

The answer is, do what is comfortable for you. Don't worry about what other people MIGHT think. Know the LAW (ORS 166), and remember, that what is not prohibited, is permitted. Don't be a nervous Nelly. you will be just fine.

Correct, there are no longer legislative restrictions on this. However, many OR schools have their own no firearm POLICY in place. Like any other concealed carry decision, its for the individual to choose his/her own risk level when dealing with posted policies.

It is obviously frowned upon by the majority of libs in the education system but it is actually illegal for them to post and/or state it is a "gun free zone", atleast that was my understanding when I took my CHL class. I believe Oregon law states that it is illegal for any local gov't to inact any law or rule against concealed carry. That being said, it may be more trouble than it's worth to push it. A school in Oregon is not the place you want you CCW to be spotted.

While I agree with you in principle and think it is BS that we need a permit to use our 2A rights but, since it's only $50 every couple years and not a terrible hassle. I know most will say that every little infringement just adds up, but I would much rather have the license and not have to deal with the police if a situation was ever to arise. Given the laws of the land at this point, I'm ok with them running background checks on everyone that can legally carry. In a perfect world it would not be needed but it is what it is.

You se, you are correct in that we should not need any "permission" slip from the king to bear arms... However, that happens to be what is required to conceal (but not OC, except in some OR cities that take advantage of ORS 166.173). So, what should you do? GET POLITICALLY ACTIVE! that does NOT mean just go out and vote,,,that means activly campaign for those that think as you do. If you can find no-one to support...run yourself. Don't cary about it, do something about it, in the manner available to you, legally.

I wrote a letter to our closest town mayor and told him I could no longer do business in his town because of a coupel of the (illegal) laws on the town books> What happened? Those laws got removed.

It is obviously frowned upon by the majority of libs in the education system but it is actually illegal for them to post and/or state it is a "gun free zone", atleast that was my understanding when I took my CHL class. I believe Oregon law states that it is illegal for any local gov't to inact any law or rule against concealed carry. That being said, it may be more trouble than it's worth to push it. A school in Oregon is not the place you want you CCW to be spotted.

You are correct about it being illegal for them to post a sign. Take a look at this link, it helps a lot.

https://www.oregonfirearms.org/

I would not be affraid to Conceal carry in a school if I had to, especially since the law says I can.

I got my CHL in 2004 and I carry religiously! I don't go to the post office, so I use FedEx lol I carry because it's my life, my responsibility and when second count, cops are minutes away. With my CHL I can legally carry on public school grounds and yes I conceal it because I don't want to put the schoool on lockdown.

Nothing like asking for permission to do a right. Who really needs the Constitution anyways? Just make up more laws. They will be doing that in the near future. Just keep doing what they tell you to do. Who really needs the Bill of Rights anyways? Rights are really only permissions anyways...right?

Why stand up for what you believe in? Its easier to just play along, right? At least they let me....right?

Do what ever Senator Diane Feinstein says to do for the country, or closer to home, we Oregonians should do what ever the new mayor Charlie Hales says. They both are gonna follow The Constitution and The Bill of Rights religiously, well...correctly, well... legally, well...using their opinions? They must know what the 2nd Amendment really means.

They just have to be right. How in the world could we citizens decide for ourselves? It must not be possible without the government directing us. They know whats right.

1. CHL licenses in both Oregon and Washington.
2. Carry virtually everywhere it is legal - Stay away from places where carrying isn't legal as much as I can.
3. Carry because I'll never die helpless in a puddle of my own pee if I can do something to stop it. Anti-gunners don't like to think about that stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top