JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
CPL, CWP, CHL, whatever you want to call it. I was thinking the other day how many citizens have the concealed permits but don't actually carry? Not sure that number can be figured out but it was just something interesting I was thinking about. I would say that most people I know that can legally carry don't.

Are you licensed?
Do you carry?
Why do you or don't you?

Hope you find this question as interesting as I did.

Ready, set....go!

Your Correct, it also depends where your going, say like a school or court or some where you can NOT carry into, so your not going to leave it your car.. And some times you just don't but knowing that you have a CHL, CPL, or CWP and can carry legally is good. JMO

1. Yes x2
2. Yes
3. Pretty much whenever I'm dressed. It's become a part of who I am. I'm also the guy who has more fire extinguishers and more insurance than most....I'm a cautious guy. I feel naked without a firearm on my person.

My parents and in-laws thought I was a bit overboard, then Clackamas Town Center happened......I was going to take my children out of school early that day and take them Christmas shopping for the kids we were sponsoring for Christmas.....their tune has changed.

CPL, CWP, CHL, whatever you want to call it. I was thinking the other day how many citizens have the concealed permits but don't actually carry? Not sure that number can be figured out but it was just something interesting I was thinking about. I would say that most people I know that can legally carry don't.

Are you licensed?
Do you carry?
Why do you or don't you?

Hope you find this question as interesting as I did.

Ready, set....go!

Yes I have a CPL, and yes, at least every time we leave the house, I carry. I go out of my way to not go to the Post Office...I use Click-N-Ship and send it out from my rural mail box.

However...I normally carry Openly, not concealed.

Ive had my permit for almost two years now, I used to not carry due to feeling self conscious that my pistol would show with my clothing. Even as a woman, i used to hardly, if ever carry a purse. id much rather just carry my wallet in my pocket. Within these past months ive been carrying a tote with me with it in it. I have a Springfield XD compact and i still feel its bulky in my tote...ive actually been trying to figure out tote that i can make that has a separate pocket to securely hold it. The more I carry, the more I feel comfortable with it on me. I respect all firearms, maybe so much I worry about being seen with it within city limits and running into a civilian who may or may not see it and freak.

Yes
Yes, every day. It's my right to protect myself, family, and friends
It's just one of the 4 things i always have on me when I'm dressed. Phone, Keys, Wallet, Pistol

Had a permit since 91 carried for 5 years before you could get a permit (easily) in Oregon. But I have always carried only when the situation called for it.

I could carry to work (somewhere between 5am and 7am on country roads with lots of traffic for 16 miles one way) But I can't carry at work nor can I have my firearm on the property I park my pickup on (huge in the city privately owned gravel pit) So for 90-95& of the time I am away from home I can't pack due to employment and private property owners rules (both based on insurance rules)

Our murder rate is 0.00 per 1000

Our Rape rate is .43 per 1000 (and I would guess a little lower for a 55 year old fat white guy as the victum)

Our Armed Robbery rate is 0.00 per 1000

Our Assualt rate is 1.29 per 1000 (I would venture the majority of these are domestic)

the population of this little town is approx. 9,400 people

If I travel to Salem or espcially to one of the larger cities to the north or south I carry. Or if I'm out and about where people might be outdoors doing what ever I carry.

Have the license, don't carry all that often. I got it mostly so I can carry when I want to, if I want to. Most of my handguns are a little tough to conceal. Been thinking about getting something I can carry a little easier and more often.

I have a question that existents form this.
As a life long gun owner i have always been told that drinking and guns do not mix. now i don''t have my CCL. Not eligible until April, but do you CCL holders carry when you are out at the bar? Do you carry if you are only going for a drink or 2? Do you carry if you know its going to be a big drinking night?

As a life long gun owner i have always been told that drinking and guns do not mix. now i don''t have my CCL. Not eligible until April, but do you CCL holders carry when you are out at the bar? Do you carry if you are only going for a drink or 2? Do you carry if you know its going to be a big drinking night?

I have carried while in bars, but from what I have been told, if you have a lick of alcohol in your blood and you shoot someone you are screwed, even if it was in self defense. I do not get wasted when I am out drinking, and I just know not to pull it out if I have had a couple drinks.

Openly?
What kind of gun?
Do you get lots of looks?
I think that's awesome.
Like Butch Casidy

My normal everyday carry is a CZ85 in an Alessi Leather holster. My alternate carry is a 6" Colt revolver in a Ross hunting holster (usually when hiking or on horseback, but that does not meant I don't wear it in town before/after I have been doing same)

My observation, no-one notices or cares. I have had a few very positive comments, and no negative comments,,,though I have been asked to leave a couple places (restaurants) in the 42+ years I've carried. I just leave, and don't ever go back. in 42+ years I have had 3 (total) LE encounters. Most lasted only a couple words, or less. I have never been asked for my CPL, and I have never been disarmed, and I started carrying a LONG time ago.

To the distractors, yes, I live in the Highlands, but I have carried on the wet side, both in Seattle and Portland and several smaller towns in Or, WA and ID....never had a problem. First time I OC'd in WA was July 1970, in Sedro-Woolley. I had been back from Vietnam about 9 months when I ask someone that was OCing in Sedro. He explained it was 100% legal, no license reqired. Spent the rest of the day walking around town with my Colt. No-one noticed. Been carrying ever since.

Best response was from some German Tourists we met while hiking in the Ross Lake National Recreational area...they wished they could do the same back in Germany.

I see you are in OR, so the law is a little different here in WA. We can carry in resaurants that serve, but not in places that the State Liquor Control board has posted as "21 and over only" (what most people call bars) As I carry all the time, and I normally OC, I do not go to posted 21 and over only bars...ever.

That said, I do normally have a beer with my dinner when I eat out. WA law is the same for carry as it is for driving, and public intoxication... .08. At 200lbs, one beer (or even two) is not go.ing to get me anywhere near .08, and then if I am eating out, I still have to drive home...eh?

Well here is another one for you. How many people carry concealed and don't have a permit?

I am guessing the number is quite large. Many people believe that the 2A is all we need to carry and I agree and that permits are an infringement.

Or how about people with expired permits? I went to renew mine last month on my birthday, guess what. It had been expired for a year.

EDITED to add "concealed".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top