JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took my class at Wholesale Sports (formerly Sportsman's Warehouse) out on SE 82nd, just south of Johnson Creek BLVD. I know that is not real close to Beaverton, but it was only $35, and it was on a Sunday afternoon. I believe the classes are taught every other Sunday.

Wholesale Sports also has the UTAH Concealed Carry class, but I am not sure when that one is. Just check their website for scheduling.

The certificate you get will work just fine in Washington County.

Just my 2 cents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Confidence is what you feel until you realize what you are doing.

There's a couple posting ads in the supporting vendor section here. Wholesale sports hosts classes. I've seen signs for some at Fishermans. A number of gun stores will have some information too. I know some sheriff offices have them, not sure about Washington county but Multnomah county has them.
OFF has a list as well. Oregon Firearms Federation - CHL Central

You could take a hunter safety course if it talks about handgun safety. I wouldn't suggest it because there are number of laws and definitions involved with carrying a firearm and using it for self defense.

I've heard good things about Oregon Firearms Academy class but they're in Brownsville. They have a live fire component.

Many offer a class that satisfies the training requirement for OR and UT if that interests you. Some will even do fingerprints and photos for UT.

Hope this helps some.

I have this data, It seemed to easy. Sounds logical. I'm thinking a class would be good for me to update me on current laws, procedures etc. I love crunching logistics.
Thank you,
Shawn.

This book is a great resource. Oregon Firearms Federation It does a good job of covering relevant court rulings and how the AG interpreted laws for legislators. If you follow the legislature and courts you can go a while before buying a new copy (maybe not as long with the legislature now meeting annually).

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top