Concealed permit.

Reactions
I took my class at Wholesale Sports (formerly Sportsman's Warehouse) out on SE 82nd, just south of Johnson Creek BLVD. I know that is not real close to Beaverton, but it was only $35, and it was on a Sunday afternoon. I believe the classes are taught every other Sunday.

Wholesale Sports also has the UTAH Concealed Carry class, but I am not sure when that one is. Just check their website for scheduling.

The certificate you get will work just fine in Washington County.

Just my 2 cents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Confidence is what you feel until you realize what you are doing.

Reactions
There's a couple posting ads in the supporting vendor section here. Wholesale sports hosts classes. I've seen signs for some at Fishermans. A number of gun stores will have some information too. I know some sheriff offices have them, not sure about Washington county but Multnomah county has them.
OFF has a list as well. Oregon Firearms Federation - CHL Central

You could take a hunter safety course if it talks about handgun safety. I wouldn't suggest it because there are number of laws and definitions involved with carrying a firearm and using it for self defense.

I've heard good things about Oregon Firearms Academy class but they're in Brownsville. They have a live fire component.

Many offer a class that satisfies the training requirement for OR and UT if that interests you. Some will even do fingerprints and photos for UT.

Hope this helps some.

Reactions
I have this data, It seemed to easy. Sounds logical. I'm thinking a class would be good for me to update me on current laws, procedures etc. I love crunching logistics.
Thank you,
Shawn.
This book is a great resource. Oregon Firearms Federation It does a good job of covering relevant court rulings and how the AG interpreted laws for legislators. If you follow the legislature and courts you can go a while before buying a new copy (maybe not as long with the legislature now meeting annually).

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
DRRC .22 Rimfire Challenge Oct 10
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Oregon State Steel Challenge Championship
Central Oregon Shooting Sports Association
Millican, OR 97701, USA
Miller's Quarry Clean-Up
Miller's Quarry
Miller Rd, Mt Hood Village, OR 97067, USA
Free Firearms Safety Course (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom)
Seattle, WA, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
  • Revelation Arms
    4.00 star(s)
    Depends who answers the phone
    I was given the number to Roger Loock by Beaver Creek Armory, as I needed parts I had ordered from MCarbo installed on a Kel-Tec Sub2000. On my...
  • Coastal Farm & Ranch - Cornelius
    3.00 star(s)
    Lesson learned
    I’ll take some responsibility here, as I took the employee at their word instead of doing a thorough inspection. Short story is that I asked for a...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Good guys!
    I stop in here every once in a while to see what Michael has in the clearance section, and to ask questions when I have a project in mind...
Top Bottom