JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I took my class at Wholesale Sports (formerly Sportsman's Warehouse) out on SE 82nd, just south of Johnson Creek BLVD. I know that is not real close to Beaverton, but it was only $35, and it was on a Sunday afternoon. I believe the classes are taught every other Sunday.

Wholesale Sports also has the UTAH Concealed Carry class, but I am not sure when that one is. Just check their website for scheduling.

The certificate you get will work just fine in Washington County.

Just my 2 cents.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Confidence is what you feel until you realize what you are doing.

There's a couple posting ads in the supporting vendor section here. Wholesale sports hosts classes. I've seen signs for some at Fishermans. A number of gun stores will have some information too. I know some sheriff offices have them, not sure about Washington county but Multnomah county has them.
OFF has a list as well. Oregon Firearms Federation - CHL Central

You could take a hunter safety course if it talks about handgun safety. I wouldn't suggest it because there are number of laws and definitions involved with carrying a firearm and using it for self defense.

I've heard good things about Oregon Firearms Academy class but they're in Brownsville. They have a live fire component.

Many offer a class that satisfies the training requirement for OR and UT if that interests you. Some will even do fingerprints and photos for UT.

Hope this helps some.

I have this data, It seemed to easy. Sounds logical. I'm thinking a class would be good for me to update me on current laws, procedures etc. I love crunching logistics.
Thank you,
Shawn.

This book is a great resource. Oregon Firearms Federation It does a good job of covering relevant court rulings and how the AG interpreted laws for legislators. If you follow the legislature and courts you can go a while before buying a new copy (maybe not as long with the legislature now meeting annually).

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top