JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi folks - I live in Seattle (yeah, I know) and am interested in getting some quality instruction in concealed carry and defensive shooting. I've got limited experience with the training outfits in my area. I took an AR-15 fundamentals course from Insight Training in Bellevue which was pretty good, but was wondering if any of you had taken their defensive handgun course? Also - I see that Federal Way Firearms offers an Intermediate Handgun class and was wondering if anyone has had experience with them. Any other suggestions would be most welcome.
I've been ranging practicing weekly for the last few months to get familiar with my firearm so I'm not a complete newbie. Apologies if this question has been asked before, if so please direct me to a thread that covers it.

Mark

MarkP - stick with Insights!! Greg and his team are tops and have been in the business pushing 25 or more years. Their training and mindset is solid. FAS is very good as well. But since you started at Insights you can grow with them for quite awhile before your ready to venture and try others. Let insights build your foundation.

Yes I've trained with them and have taken a number of their handgun courses. And I'm not affiliated with them other than one of their students.

Last Edited:
+1 for Insights!! I took their General Defensive handgun course a while back- it was great. The quality of instruction and amount of shooting we did was well worth the cost. Great people and very intense training.

I took the General Defensive Handgun course from Insights 2-years ago. It was very good! I recommend the Insights course.

I've also taken the basic handgun and rifle courses at FAS, and I would recommend FAS as well.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top