JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys, Well I have decided to sell the XD9 that I had bought my dad for his home defense gun (he passed away a while back from cancer and the gun sat that unshot. I took it out and put less then 100 rounds through it a while back and even got a Blackhawk Surpa paddle holster for it. Well I decided that its just not the right fit for me.

I have decided on the M&P shield in 40 cal and will be looking for a IWB holster that holds onto the gun. I do not want any slippage with movement. Are there any of you out there that carry the M&P shield in 9 or 40 that have a good holster to recommend? (I know everyone is different so no holster will work for everyone) I would like to just get a good idea of a few that I can look at before deciding to try one.

Do you have to have a certain amount of posts to put an add for sale on this forum? I will be putting the XD9 along with its case, 2 mags and the blackhawk up for sale as soon as I can get pics taken.

Thanks,TM

I have a Shield 40 that I carry in a Tagua IWB. It has a clip for the belt, but if I clip it to the belt, I can barely get it off of the belt, so I clip it to my jeans and strap the belt over the clip. The holster is very flimsy, but it will not slip around in your pants. In fact, if I position it wrong I have to undo my pants to be able to move it.

Do you have to have a certain amount of posts to put an add for sale on this forum?

No, you don't. You can post your ad.

As for the holster, I carry my M&P 9c in a N82 (Nate Squared) Tactical IWB holster. I've been wearing it every day for 3 years now and have been very happy with it. It's compact, just a single belt clip (which hasn't been an issue for me) and holds the gun very well.

I daily carry a shield. I have 2 I like:
1. Alien Gear (over CrossBreed and other hybrid as the kydex can be easily replaced if you change something - like adding a lazer)
2. N82Tactical Professional. Use as my grab and go rig.

I use a Fobus OWB for competition, and I used a Galco OWB for my full size. OWB may be more comfortable.

I have not pocket carried, nor do I appendix, cross-draw nor shoulder carry this pistol, so I have no experience to pass along there.

Im going to look into the ones you guys have listed, Thank you very much!
Ric, I used to carry a 1911 in shoulder holster years ago... not for me any more.
cross draw wont work for me either because of joint pain and having to move my arm across my body to draw... And there is no way I am pointing any gun at things the wife uses ;)
I hadnt thought of adding a laser to it but it may be something I would do in the future as my 1911 commander has one...

TM

I carry a Shield 9. I use a DeSantis Sof-Tuck for IWB. I wear it cross-draw at 10-11 o'clock. For OWB, I made my own Avenger style holster. I wear that at 3 o'clock. And, on occasion, I use a nylon, horizontal shoulder rig from Bull Dog Cases.

No, you don't. You can post your ad.

As for the holster, I carry my M&P 9c in a N82 (Nate Squared) Tactical IWB holster. I've been wearing it every day for 3 years now and have been very happy with it. It's compact, just a single belt clip (which hasn't been an issue for me) and holds the gun very well.

Yet another vote for N82 Tactical. I've tried to like others and I keep coming back to my N82 holster. The comfort of the neoprene sandwiched in soft leather is unbeatable. It will literally mold itself to the contours of each individuals body and it stays in place! The backing is also designed with enough real estate to prevent the grip from rubbing or contacting your skin. You won't be disappointed.

Sorry to hijack, but has anyone had a N82 that isn't the professional? Does the original retain the handgun well or does it want to slide out if other than straight up?
Mine are not the professional model. I actually prefer the non professional model as they seem to shape to you body better, are less bulky and create less of a print, in my humble opinion. The draw is just fine but the holster will collapse when the gun is removed. Re-holstering is a process but in all honesty, I'm in a hurry to draw, not so much to re-holster.

Well, today I finally took the XD9 to the gun store to see what they would give me for it. I now owe $45.00 on the new M&P shield 9mm that I will give them tomorrow and pick it up. He sells a CC holster made by a local guy that I tried and it is a pretty darn good CC holster. I may try it first to see how it works out before getting a more expensive one.. although it has been my experience that the more expensive holsters cost more for a reason.

I appreciate everyone's input, cant wait to pick up the Shield tomorrow..

woohoo, went by the gun shop this morning and paid what I owed, filled out the background paperwork.. went back to the house to get the wife and grandbabies to go to Silver Falls so the kiddo's could run around and get themselves tired. Went back by and it was ready to go :D

Im still getting used to being able to take a gun home the same day you pay for it... And I am so glad to be out of hellifornia!

TM

woohoo, went by the gun shop this morning and paid what I owed, filled out the background paperwork.. went back to the house to get the wife and grandbabies to go to Silver Falls so the kiddo's could run around and get themselves tired. Went back by and it was ready to go :D

Im still getting used to being able to take a gun home the same day you pay for it... And I am so glad to be out of hellifornia!

TM
It used to only take less than an hour:confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews