Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Competitive shooting in SW Washington?

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by MechaNation, Mar 1, 2014.

1. MechaNation

MechaNation Vancouver Wa New Member

Does anyone know if there are any competitive events in this general area? I have been shooting since I was 5 years old and now i'm in my late twenties so I am no slouch but have never competed before.

2. Dmonwai

Dmonwai Seattle Member

3. ron

ron Vancouver, Washington Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

4. MechaNation

Hey thanks for the info guys! I don't really have any particular type of matches in mind I just want to see whats out there. The only pistol I have is a S&W 915 which i can hit clays at 60' with but I don't know if that would be good to start pistols with. Other than that I have a 7mm magnum, 581 series Mini14, Marlin Glenfield model 60 (damn accurate) and a 100 year old Winchester 30-30.

5. Gidget19893161

Gidget19893161 Deer Island, OR Member

there is a bowling pin match this coming weekend (march 8th) in longview at lone oak gun club.

6. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

for bowling pins you'll need several extra mags for your .22 or whatever you are shooting.Pins are shot at close distances,the trick is shoot them off of the table,not just down. It is a lot of fun and can be very humbling. lol

for something real informal and friendly,a group of us meet on Thursdays at Vancouver rifle and pistol club,in Orchards, to shoot cardboard bad guys.YOu'll need a holster on a belt,and at least 3 extra mags for reloads.5 bucks for non-members.NO jacketed ammo allowed,cast lead,or plated only,and under 1000 fps,EXCEPT any .22rf ammo is fine.we start promptly at 6:30pm,grounds open about 6pm.

no charge to come watch if yoou'd like to see it done and get acquainted.

I waited years to compete,I lost a lot of good fun over those years.

7. MechaNation

I'll have to get a few more mags and check that out.

8. Throckmorton

if u are free tomorrow evening come on by and watch,no charge,just have eyes and ears..ask for me if ,mike cox

9. Kid@Heart

Kid@Heart Vancouver, USA Cynic Lifetime Supporter Diamond Supporter

How many shooters show up for this now? Last time I went there were a lot.

10. Throckmorton

Here lately it's been quite a few less.average about 12 I"d guess. Not sure why,I still like shooting it.