JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you are looking for "friendly" competitions, especially if you are getting started, they both ARPC and Four Corners Gun Club have these, most of which are open to non-members. Check out their calendar sections which will list contact info for the discipline directors. www.arpc.info and www.fcgc.info. Very low cost as well.

Hope this helps,

Will

The question is very general. What type of competitions? Rifle, pistol, marksmanship, precision, tactical? There is just about all of them within 1 to 1 1/2 hour drive or closer, year round.

I'm new to this so for now I'm mainly looking for friendly competitions. I've seen some videos of people doing 2 gun matches and that's what made me start looking into doing competitions but I want to try different things as well so I'm just seeing what's in my local area. I mainly collect old military guns between ww1 through cold war and just want to have fun and see what I can do with them. Thanks for the help.

Hello, fellow Newberger! As mentioned above, check out the vintage military match at TriCounty if that is where your interest mainly lies. Tricounty has a variety of matches you can do besides vintage rifle. A good place to start is Speed Steel if you haven't done a match before. They have a two gun match every other month, IDPA and USPSA monthly, and a large variety of other matches. Check out their calendar and the activities list for more information. I am a member there and shoot a lot of matches. It's very close to Newberg and a great place to shoot.

Vintage rifles is most tuned to TCGC's 45 round 200 yard match and ARPC' vintage 35 round 100 yard matches. Both are score yourself matches.

The vintage rifle matches follow a High Power Rifle or Service Rifle format. DRRC's service rifle classes and practice matches are the best to learn the safety rules, positions and scoring.

CMP will be holding their on the road Small Arms Firing School again this year at DRRC. I think in May. It is a very rare opportunity and will fill fast when they open registration. Last time the class was taught by CMP and AMU. They provide the service rifles, ammo and bring electronic targets. It is good training for service rifle.

Estacada Rod and Gun Club (near Eagle Creek) is having their annual New Years day shoot; starts at 10am, we shoot 80rds all rapid fire. I think we start by shooting 10rd in 90 seconds standing (twice with a short break in between strings of fire), then sitting 10rd in 60 seconds (twice) followed by 10rd in 70 second prone (twice) and ending with 10rd prone in 10 seconds (twice). Lots of noise so bring hearing protection! 80rd for score with another (8rd for sighting shots) so a total of 80rd is the minimum required, but 88rd is perfect as you'll be able to sight your rifle during each position change. All at 100yd and since it's rapid fire we usually are done around noon. Not too early for the day after celebrations, and back home in time for the football games. Fun - $10 and good way to ring in the New Year with some new friends.

Theres a Practical Pistol match and a 2/3 Gun match this weekend at Douglas Ridge...As another member mentioned here, sign up for Practiscore and it will show you local matches. Don't be intimidated at your first match. Just focus on safety and have fun. Everyone starts somewhere.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top