JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ive been wanting to get a compact in the 1911 platform for semi cheap ive got toyota truck money not cadilac money so ive been looking at the ria and american classics, any experiance? who local deals them at a fair price?

I would buy a stripped-down model from a known quality manufacturer (Kimber, Colt, SA, etc) and mod it as I had the funds vs. buying something with all the apparent bells and whistles, but not the inherent underlying quality. That said, I have nothing to offer on the two manufacturers you're considering. Just a thought.

doesn't Springfield make a GI Champion? it doesn't have all the bells and whistles but it's a great gun. If you want the beavertail and all that jazz, take a look at RIA.

I own and carry, more then my kimber, an American Classic Full sized. The Commander sized are the same quality. Very VERY GOOD.
runs everything i have feed it right out if the box. My only failures have been with my hand-loads and that was a couple of squibs. All my fault.

why is that? 500 bucks should be able to buy me into a basic compact nothing flashy, its not like they are made of gold, ive read plenty of reviews about the ati titan and that is the route im gonna go, theres just as many complaints about kimbers so as far as i can tell they are equal except in name
"1911" and "on a budget" do not belong in the same sentence let alone "compact" being thrown into the mix. I hope you're not considering a CCW piece with that criterion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top