JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With the current difficulties in getting ammo & reloading components I would be interested in comments of shooters with experience using brass catchers. What is the best kind for A3 style flat top etc.? How many rounds do they hold on average? FTE problems? Use in the field (still hunting), or only good at the range? Have you used one? Where did you get it? What would be a good improvment? What to watch out for?

Thanks for your input in advance.:)

I was just talking to my brother-in-law about this on Sunday.....how Ironic. :)

He said that he bought a $30/$40 brass catcher but wasn't impressed so he returned it. He then replaced it with a $20-$25 brass catcher and now it works better.

He had a rigid one, and then replaced it with a soft one that uses velcro wraps and netting.

He purchased it online, and only uses it for range practice.

I use one on my AR because I got tired of chasing the brass. It is a mesh bag that is attached with velcro. Though it doesn't look "cool", it works quite well. For the 10 bucks I spent, it is well worth it. They sell them through Midway and other places I would bet.

I liked my hard plastic brass catcher. :) expensive but works well until you put optics on the flat top. Then it's back to picking up brass.:(

Last Edited:
If you're shooting at a covered range, you can take a clear plastic shower curtain and just hang it from the roof of the range on your right side in the path of the ejecting brass. This also still allows you to still see up and down the line. Works for any semi-auto rifle or pistol. The brass hits the shower curtain and falls right next to your bench. Secure it with clamps if there is an overhead joist or just small nails or tacks.

When I'm at the range, shooting off the bench. I just drape a towel, yes a towel over the scope and hanging down over the action. The towel stops the brass.
Had a guy next to me with a $49.99 brass catcher, my old towel worked as well as his did.
Offered to sell him a towel for $39.99! Try it you'll be amazed.

When at the range i set my backpack next to the gun with the flap open, 29 out of 30 go right in the backpack and I never have to touch them till I get home. The blue tarp works great when your outdoors.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top