JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hope this design works well. I bought a couple of the Caldwell fabric type. They work okay if I put them on just so. Reason for two: Bought one, lost it internally. Then bought another, and next found the first one. Won't be the first time.

Cause reloader are greedy brasstards

One time at a range, when a cease fire was called, I went downrange to change targets. By the time I'd gotten back, the brass whores had cleaned me out. Of my brass on the ground; they left my ammo and rifle alone.

If you're gonna steal, make it worthwhile. I used to work in a place with lots of financial instruments around. We'd get lectured once in a while about accountability and consequences. Then there would be a $100 shortage and some commotion. I'd tell them, "Don't come sniffing around me for $100. When you have a half million dollar shortage, that's when you call the FBI on me." Back when a half million dollars was still worth something.

I have never had a case opening get pinched like that with mine very interesting what kind of upper do you have @Retired Guy? I'm sure that rubber deflector @Caveman Jim talked about would solve your problems.

I couldn't sleep so I went out of the shop and took a few pictures of my brass deflector protectors...:D
To be honest if an AR is timed just right it will not dent cases, where this protection shines is for the 300 blackout cases because their mouths get beat up pretty bad.

8B1ADBA7-73C1-4B8E-8628-569B88FE7998.jpeg

9B270DA3-1DA4-4862-B290-331A3F29B7B1.jpeg

I have never had a case opening get pinched like that with mine very interesting what kind of upper do you have @Retired Guy? I'm sure that rubber deflector @Caveman Jim talked about would solve your problems.

It's an Anderson Mfg upper. I don't think it's the upper as my case mouths were never dented before I used the Brass Goat. So I'm pretty sure the case is impacting the hard plastic of the Goat as it's being deflected downwards. Having said that, I think the dents are very minimal and have created no issues while reloading. I was just mentioning it as an avid reloader.

Padding the brass deflector on the upper is a "tried and true" cure for dents/nicks in the middle of the brass.

I'm still very pleased with the Brass Goat. As an old guy, anything that relieves me of having to pick up brass is a good thing. I will be taking the Brass Goat with me when I visit the Sage Rat fields next month.

I couldn't sleep so I went out of the shop and took a few pictures of my brass deflector protectors...:D
To be honest if an AR is timed just right it will not dent cases, where this protection shines is for the 300 blackout cases because their mouths get beat up pretty bad.

View attachment 843388

View attachment 843389
It's an Anderson Mfg upper. I don't think it's the upper as my case mouths were never dented before I used the Brass Goat. So I'm pretty sure the case is impacting the hard plastic of the Goat as it's being deflected downwards. Having said that, I think the dents are very minimal and have created no issues while reloading. I was just mentioning it as an avid reloader.

Padding the brass deflector on the upper is a "tried and true" cure for dents/nicks in the middle of the brass.

I'm still very pleased with the Brass Goat. As an old guy, anything that relieves me of having to pick up brass is a good thing. I will be taking the Brass Goat with me when I visit the Sage Rat fields next month.

Haha @Caveman Jim I have the same problem sometimes I just can't sleep thinking about something and have to go tinker with it. That's pretty nifty sticking some velcro on the deflector! My friend has a Cmmg guard 45acp pistol and man did those cases get rocked when you rapid fired. We used electrical tape and helped a bit. But just dont rapid fire the thing anymore unless its aluminum case!

Yeah not your upper hmm.. but either way glad to hear it did not effect your reloading @Retired Guy! In this day and age having reloadable brass is a gods send ha. I should've picked up brass at the property we shoot on before it got ran over and squished.. But I digress. All in all I love this brass goat no more looking through weeds and tall grass for my brass counting as I go.
:s0139:

I have one... I like it.
Can't/won't use it on mag well GunSkin.... and/or Side charging.... and/or I have one rifle with 45 degree back up sight that gets in the way. Everything else okay.

Reviving this thread. I bought one last year and have been patiently waiting for the AR10 version to come out. Has anyone come across a decent brass catcher for a bigger frame AR? I'd love to have a Brass Goat AR10 to pair with the smaller version.

Reviving this thread. I bought one last year and have been patiently waiting for the AR10 version to come out. Has anyone come across a decent brass catcher for a bigger frame AR? I'd love to have a Brass Goat AR10 to pair with the smaller version.
I honestly forgot about this thread till you posted 😂 brass goats are the bubblegum still loving mine and buy them for friends as a present. To answer your question idk if the AR10 version will be out considering all of the logistical nightmares we are having as a country who knows. In the mean time you could get one of those net style catchers and throw it on?

Even just directing 7.62 brass downward is all you really need. All of my battle rifles just huck the brass due to the amount of force it has as it cycles. I use a Double Alpha net for pistol training, just have to set it to where what ever your shooting is tossing the brass. Does not work so well if you switching back and forth on your calibers. 9mm to 10mm = 10mm over shooting the net by 3'. But overall it works very well.

I was just thinking that I hate picking up brass. :s0108:
What got me, it my boys got older and picking up brass was no longer "fun". Shooting with little kids is brass pick up labor! (Yes wash hands, no snacks etc. I know all the lead safety drills with kiddos always followed it) but man 3 kids 7yrs to 12yrs can really pick up the brass.

Last Edited:
Even just directing 7.62 brass downward is all you really need. All of my battle rifles just huck the brass due to the amount of force it has as it cycles. I use a Double Alpha net for pistol training, just have to set it to where what ever your shooting is tossing the brass. Does not work so well if you switching back and forth on your calibers. 9mm to 10mm = 10mm over shooting the net by 3'. But overall it works very well.
That is one interesting contraption haha if I'm shooting in tall grass or don't have the goat. I bought a large and I mean LARGE rug from goodwill. Lay it out and you can have 4 to 5 people shooting on and it's comfy if you wanna go prone not looking for ticks when you get home is a plus. The brass does not get lost in the grass and easy to collect.

Also thought of getting one of the broom and dust pan combos that you see people using in movie theaters broom up all the brass :s0112:

1655666209159.png

I bought mine from Amazon. Save 5% if you have the prime store card, but yeah... works like a charm!

Question though. I noticed they have the less expensive goat knockoffs on Amazon as well for $26. Has anyone tried those?

I wouldn't mind having a couple more for convenience when taking out multiple shooters, but they aren't exactly cheap and swapping one around works too. The cheapos you could practically do 2 for the price of 1 "goat"... but only if they actually work as intended and somewhat comparable in function and durability.

Last Edited:
I bought mine from Amazon. Save 5% if you have the store card, but yeah... works like a charm!

Question though. I noticed they have the less expensive goat knockoffs on Amazon as well for $26. Has anyone tried those?

I wouldn't mind having a couple more for convenience when taking out multiple shooters, but they aren't exactly cheap and swapping one around works too. The cheapos you could practically do 2 for the price of 1 "goat"... but only if they actually work as intended and somewhat comparable in function and durability.
I bought the Amazon one and it is absolutely amazing. Even without the "shell" to catch the brass, it dumps it in one spot right next to you.

I bought mine from Amazon. Save 5% if you have the prime store card, but yeah... works like a charm!

I did not know they were on Amazon original or not. I wonder if it's just as good? Minus being made in the USA like the Goat. Can't really go wrong with abs plastic haha

I did not know they were on Amazon original or not. I wonder if it's just as good? Minus being made in the USA like the Goat. Can't really go wrong with abs plastic haha
Mine has worked fine for months now, snaps on/off and I can't imagine shooting without it (I reload)., It has cut post-shooting range time down big time.

Mine has worked fine for months now, snaps on/off and I can't imagine shooting without it (I reload)., It has cut post-shooting range time down big time.
Yeah reloading is one thing but to spend time In-between shooting and or collecting after is time consuming and worrying about not coming out ahead if you plan on reloading.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top