JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have what appears to be a Colt Woodsman. The Clip says woodsman, but it might not be the correct clip for it.

The serial number is 3539 Which I take to be a late 1916 model.

The only dates on this semi are 1903 on the barrel. the rest looks like a woodsman that are illustrated in some pics I've seen from Lowell E Pauli.

normal_0715100810.jpg

Second opinions are always good though.

normal_0715100811.jpg

Secondly, Can I shoot it without standard vel. 22 LR rounds without damaging it? There is a notch in the chamber at the back where it will blow out the brass on a LR shell (as told me by my mom's hubby that gave me the piece), right where the ejector finger sits, but the notch is not the shape of the finger. Anyone have any clue how it got there? How to repair it, or is this simply Eye Candy from now on.

normal_0715100813.jpg

Lastly, why is it called a PRE-Woodsman if it's NOT a Woodsman yet BE in the Woodsman Category? What the heck do I call it? My Fake Woodsman :)

So it's simply called a 1916 Model and no name? It's a Colt 1916?

What do they call a pistol that they LATER name a Woodsman if it's basically the same thing, but labeled a "Pre" woodsman...?

Thanks or helping :) This is fun!~

Sorry I geuss I left that out. The section where I found the serial number for your colt was labled "Woodsmen". If you go to proofhouse.com you can check it for yourself. Hope this helps a little more:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top