JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, part of the restoration was the convert it to a modern cartridge in its original .38 caliber. It now fires .357 Mag/.38 Spc.
man that sucker has to be heavy..

heres another one of Mark Novaks videos from the "Anvil" YT channel a shorter and sweeter video that shows some moderate rust. i don't mind a long video if its good but it can be a little intimidating. man it takes some coconuts to do some of the things he knows in his gut to be the right way to restore something. theres gotta be a speacial place in heaven for lever action shotguns.

full length episode, this thing was super trashed.

and heres a good episode specifically on rust conversion and blueing. if you have the time the are well worth a watch and about as entertaining as gunsmithing can be.

best of luck, velzey has peaked my interest I'm going to have to check him out. thanks for the link Ura-Ki

After looking at a bunch of pics online, I now think it's a first issue Colt Cobra.
They had an aluminum alloy frame. Notice the right side pic shows rust everywhere except the frame.
Here's a picture of one off the net.

View attachment 814900
The stamp on the barrel:

"Official Police
.38 Special CTG"

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 11.11.54 AM.png

Similar on a 1953 model:

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 11.21.37 AM.png

Pre-war models had the information arranged very differently.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads