JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Actually, part of the restoration was the convert it to a modern cartridge in its original .38 caliber. It now fires .357 Mag/.38 Spc.
man that sucker has to be heavy..

heres another one of Mark Novaks videos from the "Anvil" YT channel a shorter and sweeter video that shows some moderate rust. i don't mind a long video if its good but it can be a little intimidating. man it takes some coconuts to do some of the things he knows in his gut to be the right way to restore something. theres gotta be a speacial place in heaven for lever action shotguns.

full length episode, this thing was super trashed.

and heres a good episode specifically on rust conversion and blueing. if you have the time the are well worth a watch and about as entertaining as gunsmithing can be.

best of luck, velzey has peaked my interest I'm going to have to check him out. thanks for the link Ura-Ki

After looking at a bunch of pics online, I now think it's a first issue Colt Cobra.
They had an aluminum alloy frame. Notice the right side pic shows rust everywhere except the frame.
Here's a picture of one off the net.

View attachment 814900
The stamp on the barrel:

"Official Police
.38 Special CTG"

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 11.11.54 AM.png

Similar on a 1953 model:

Screen Shot 2021-01-29 at 11.21.37 AM.png

Pre-war models had the information arranged very differently.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads