JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My apologies if this has been discussed, but does anyone have experience w/ the Colt Dual Recoil Spring System? Does it make a difference?

I shot a Gov't 1911 in .45 for many years, and I am debating adding a Commander in 9mm (cheaper to shoot). I noticed the newer Commanders have the Dual Recoil Spring System. The older Commander (model #04610) does not have this, but it is a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

FWIW, I don't really care about the extended beavertail or skeletonized trigger. I'm only curious about the new spring system.

Many thanks in advance.

I have shot both the original single spring recoil system and the dual spring system. I have a M1991A1 and a Rail Gun and had 18 lb. single recoil springs in both. I shot my friend's M45A1 and was an instant fan.

It feels like it takes some of the flip out of the recoil. I converted both of my Colts to the dual spring set up. The dual spring system takes more force to pull back the slide than the 18 lb. spring. I shoot only full power 230 grain rounds through my pistols. I'm not sure how well lighter rounds would function with the dual springs.

I have not tried the dual spring set up in a 9MM.

I bought an extra set of springs and the recoil guide rod from Brownells for my next Colt. ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top