JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My apologies if this has been discussed, but does anyone have experience w/ the Colt Dual Recoil Spring System? Does it make a difference?

I shot a Gov't 1911 in .45 for many years, and I am debating adding a Commander in 9mm (cheaper to shoot). I noticed the newer Commanders have the Dual Recoil Spring System. The older Commander (model #04610) does not have this, but it is a couple hundred bucks cheaper.

FWIW, I don't really care about the extended beavertail or skeletonized trigger. I'm only curious about the new spring system.

Many thanks in advance.

I have shot both the original single spring recoil system and the dual spring system. I have a M1991A1 and a Rail Gun and had 18 lb. single recoil springs in both. I shot my friend's M45A1 and was an instant fan.

It feels like it takes some of the flip out of the recoil. I converted both of my Colts to the dual spring set up. The dual spring system takes more force to pull back the slide than the 18 lb. spring. I shoot only full power 230 grain rounds through my pistols. I'm not sure how well lighter rounds would function with the dual springs.

I have not tried the dual spring set up in a 9MM.

I bought an extra set of springs and the recoil guide rod from Brownells for my next Colt. ;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads