JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's Boulder, Nothing outside of the City will happen, and Gun owners within the City will simply laugh and give the finger! With no prior registration, there is no proof of ownership!

Maybe, just maybe, one of these cases will make it to SCOTUS, and we can get this settled once and for all. They're pushing too hard, too far. Something is going to break - either the will of the people, or the legal standing they're trying to stand on. Either way, the time to end this is likely on the horizon, even if a bit distant.

Pay a local jurisdiction $20 for a "permission slip" and submit to a background check in order to keep what I've already LEGALLY owned/used for years prior to some BS "ordinance" that won't affect criminals in the slightest.... yeah, let me get right on that.

:s0066:

Maybe, just maybe, one of these cases will make it to SCOTUS, and we can get this settled once and for all. They're pushing too hard, too far. Something is going to break - either the will of the people, or the legal standing they're trying to stand on. Either way, the time to end this is likely on the horizon, even if a bit distant.

Sadly, While I share your hopes, as we have seen recently, even the mighty SCOTUS is largely ignored in the Several States, they will simply sue to block any positive findings, or block them by pulling preemption status like OryGun does already!
I hate to cite it, but look at Roe v Wade, yup, many states pull preemption and block it! Same can be expected with Gun law findings as we have seen with Heller v D.C.
What good is SCOTUS if the States can over rule them? Where is the D.O.J. to stand up and force compliance? Not only with SCOTUS but with Executive Orders?

Sadly, While I share your hopes, as we have seen recently, even the mighty SCOTUS is largely ignored in the Several States, they will simply sue to block any positive findings, or block them by pulling preemption status like OryGun does already!
I hate to cite it, but look at Roe v Wade, yup, many states pull preemption and block it! Same can be expected with Gun law findings as we have seen with Heller v D.C.
What good is SCOTUS if the States can over rule them? Where is the D.O.J. to stand up and force compliance? Not only with SCOTUS but with Executive Orders?

It's a fight between state's rights and federal law. In the case you cite, Roe v. Wade, there is no specific constitutional protection (though some would claim otherwise) to abortion. However, in this case, the 2nd amendment is clearly spelled out. We need a proper ruling on the 2nd, from SCOTUS, then there would be more power to shut this crap down. Unfortunately, Heller didn't go far enough. But they need some specific cases, with specific concerns, so they can make a specific ruling that will provide us with more protection. Yeah, it may be a long shot, but maybe it could happen.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top