JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When do you think it will hit here??? :mad:

Boulder Residents Given 23 Days to 'Certify' Assault Weapons or Face Fines, Jail

Court of Appeals Upholds New Jersey Magazine Capacity Limit

Vote VOTE VOTE!!!

Write your congress-people and voice your opinion. Washington is positioning itself to follow in these types of footsteps.

Certify ? .What the heck certifies the firearm. They say they won't keep records and the police will keep in hand written notes ? How would they know if you certified or not ? The police don't use hand written notes anymore.there must have been alot of California morons move into boulder. These people are absolute Idiots . People please vote for who or what ever is the best for the 2A . God only knows what kind of stupidity people like this will come up with next. A city council can infringe on a federally protected constitutional right.? What's next you can only drive green colored 4 door cars .

I spent 4 years of my life living in Boulder, it was such a beautiful and pleasant place to climb and ski back in the 70's...

Now, because it has an institution of higher "Indoctrination" (CU) it has morphed into another sludge pot...

RIP Boulder...

I hear less than 100 folks have certified.

I certify my guns self identify as boat paddles.

In fact I keep loosing one each time we go rafting.

And this is why they needed the universal Background checks to be pushed first.
Most people who buy a gun, have more guns, and buy them regularly.

Start a Uni BGC and you know the people now registered have more guns.

When they don't register them, you go after the confiscation and arrests of those who will resist.

Now it makes sense that they are releasing criminals as fast as possible, obama commuting all those offenses, catch and release.

They need room for those who resist.

Certify ? .What the heck certifies the firearm. They say they won't keep records and the police will keep in hand written notes ? How would they know if you certified or not ?

Owners of firearms that are to be grandfathered are issued two copies of a certificate showing the firearm was owned before the ban goes into effect. The police don't keep records of the certificates that are issued.

Guns already owned by residents were grandfathered in; council gave residents until the end of the year to obtain a certificate.

Certification is not a registry; the department keeps no records or paperwork of any kind.

City Attorney Tom Carr said anyone found in possession of a non-certified, banned weapon will be subject to fines and criminal charges. City law allows for a fine up to $1,000 and 90 days in jail. Banned guns also could be confiscated and destroyed following a conviction.

Certification requires a visit to the police department's main location at 1805 33rd St. Weapons are to be kept, unloaded, secured in a vehicle. An officer will do a brief visual inspection of the gun while still in the car, to ensure it is a type of weapon subject to the ban.

"The ordinance specifically excludes a .22 (caliber) long rifle even though it looks like assault gun (because) it takes rimfire versus centerfire ammunition," said Spraggs, who said a few residents have mistakenly come in with such weapons. "Citizens don't have to certify rimfire weapons."

The police department then performs a background check and, if the owner is clear, issues two copies of a certificate with the owner's name, date of birth and signature; the make, model and serial number of the gun, and the date of issue and issuer's name. Both copies go with the gun to prove it was owned before June 15, 2018; Spraggs advises keeping one with the firearm and another "wherever you deem to be safe."

Because police do not retain any documentation, they are unable to issue a replacement certificate if the original is lost. Certificates cost $20 for the first gun, and $5 per weapon for each additional firearm during the same certification. More information is available at bouldercolorado.gov/police/firearm-certification.

85 assault weapons certified in Boulder as ban compliance date looms

Not defending the law, just explaining it. It is a Boulder city ordinance. This is why it is important to preserve state-preemption in Washington and Oregon so cities and counties can't pass laws like this. State preemption is going to be the next target of attack in Washington WA gun control lobby will target preemption, magazines, open carry ⋆ Conservative Firing Line and perhaps Oregon.

"It's difficult to estimate compliance levels, and police and city officials have admitted that they can't do much about gun owners who refuse to certify their rifles."
BA HAHAHA!

I seem to recall that cities in Colorado cannot make these more-restrictive ordinances, but it's been a long time since I looked into it.

This latest round of various state/city gun laws (safe storage, banning private transfers, registration, etc.) has probably shown the liberal leftists to have over-played their hand.

I see a lot of potential for these combined state and city over-reach laws to wind up in appellate courts and the SCOTUS.

There's so much various assault on rights, and continuing so often, that it's impossible for a gun owner to have any stability in the law. I'm hopeful and even optimistic that soon the DOJ or SCOTUS will need to intervene to prevent this under the FEDERAL Bill of Rights 2A.

I seem to recall that cities in Colorado cannot make these more-restrictive ordinances, but it's been a long time since I looked into it.

This latest round of various state/city gun laws (safe storage, banning private transfers, registration, etc.) has probably shown the liberal leftists to have over-played their hand.

I see a lot of potential for these combined state and city over-reach laws to wind up in appellate courts and the SCOTUS.

There's so much various assault on rights, and continuing so often, that it's impossible for a gun owner to have any stability in the law. I'm hopeful and even optimistic that soon the DOJ or SCOTUS will need to intervene to prevent this under the FEDERAL Bill of Rights 2A.

I hope so This has gone beyond redicules

I spent 4 years of my life living in Boulder, it was such a beautiful and pleasant place to climb and ski back in the 70's...

Now, because it has an institution of higher "Indoctrination" (CU) it has morphed into another sludge pot...

RIP Boulder...
And there's what really happened. Universities bring in liberal professors who spout liberal carp and nonsense. Young minds soak that dung up and next thing you know, you have a town whose voting majority is composed of kids who don't live there permanently and college hanger ons.
And another one bites the dust.

This (Boulder) is why you never want your town labeled a 'Tech Hub'. It's a good way to attract all the wrong types of people/voters. Boulder is catching up to other 'tier-2' mini-Silicon Valley wannabes, such as Austin and Seattle.

These towns and others like them have become 'hip' places for tech workers to migrate, especially ones wearing skinny jeans, looking for free food and wifi-enabled buses to work for their 4 hours a day, write blogs and go home. They typically own zero guns, and if they do, hide them from their social circles so they're not outed. They definitely vote 2A last, don't join any organizations that promote 2A and otherwise contribute nothing to the cause. They tend to be full of adolescent angst and outrage at 'the oppressors'... and vote accordingly. They use 'Science (tm)' studies and the smokescreen of their over-educated status to justify their righteous zeal in promoting 'safety'.

As to the state vs. local stuff...

Many states have pre-emption clauses, where local ordinances can't supposedly override state gun laws. However, as we've seen, local city councils still vote policies into place and counties have sheriffs that won't honor carry permit applications, etc. Many times, they just huck something out there to see what sticks. Challenges mount, but gun-hating circuit courts uphold the bans. Then, you have to hope SCOTUS hears the case, and often times they don't/won't.

When local fiefdoms (ie. big cities) can't get their way, in order to fight the state pre-emption safeguards they pour millions into the state-wide law changes and build a critical mass of voting populous to ensure those get signed (either governor signature from legislature or voters passing these ballot-based initiatives). This voting/support base never shrinks. It only grows. It also helps to have a sympathetic AG because they can 're-interpret' laws already on the books on a whim (see Massachusetts and others). If they *still* can't get their way, they bend even a Rep Governor to 'do something' (ie. FL and VT).

didnt a federal judge already block CA 30 round mag confiscation? So wouldn't that be a presidence?
Yep
It was supposed to go to a hearing in July but the state decided not to pursue it and still hasn't made any move.
Perhaps this NJ decision may force the issue to the Supreme Court

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top