JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I collect any good quality made rifles if and only if I can/would use them! I have a nice Rhinemettel bolt action I picked up over seas, An original Austrian STG58 (FAL) and various others that strike my fancy! Many are WW-1 and later Battle rifles or relics that are just plain cool! the point is, yes they have value, but I value them more as fine tools then investments!

thanks, it says1947 but it looks to knew,to clean to me. there are no sights on it . bluing looks great and the wood.....

Not knowing which version of the mod 70 you have (Mauser, or push feed) not knowing if it originally had iron sights fitted, its hard to guess! Assuming it is originally barreled in .338 win, it has to be newer then 1958.

I look for items that are very well made and over looked..

Such as the Krico 640S in .223 and .308 very hard to find rifles here in the states. But I have found two right in Porkland!! They were imported by Beeman.

View attachment 273652

View attachment 273652

Krico is the brand name of Kriegeskorte of Munich Bavaria, now owned by Beretta Holdings Spa.

This is mine - but only with a three-round magazine.
upload_2016-2-2_21-41-55.png

It was built in 1986 and was ex-GSG9 when I acquired it in 2001. It is .308Win, and this was a trial shoot with a then new-to-me powder IMR4064 . three shots at 100m, three years ago -

upload_2016-2-2_21-47-17.png

Guess which one I settled for?

tac

Nope. I've never heard of them, nor any firearm imported by Beeman, or I wouldn't have asked.

See post#28.

Germans have a habit of abbreviating company names and adding -co, like Gustav Genschow = GECO, the famous brand of small-arms ammunition.

Kriegeskorte & Co GMBH is a bit of a mouthful, so it is shortened to Krico.

tac

Last Edited:
See post#28.

Germans have a habit of abbreviating company names and adding -co, like Gustav Genschow = GECO, the famous brand of small-arms ammunition.

Kriegeskorte & Co GMBH is a bit of a mouthful, so it is shortened to Krico.

tac

I saw post #28. Guess you didn't think that was enough?

Call me stupid, but I figured that pointing out that Krico rifles are made by Krico was enough. I'm sorry if it wasn't.

Most shooters of my acquaintance have heard of Krico, a quality German company like Gebr. Merkel, Blaser, Mauser, J P Sauer, the Austrian Steyr, French Chapuis and other European brands.

In particular, their Model 300, a semi-auto in .22WMR, is very popular in Northern Europe and Scandinavia with fur trappers. One such little rifle, belonging to a friend in Rovaniemi, is around forty years old, and is still with every original part, and sees almost daily use.

Back in 1984, the 16th edition of the US-produced Guns Illustrated annual produced a report on this rifle - the model 650SS - on pages 138 - 144, very well-written by Harold A Murtz. Even back then it was a pricy item, hitting you with a $2249 bill. Mind you, that DID include the uniquely-fitting combined mounts and rings and a nice sniper-style scope. The package found a ready market in the law and order segment here in Europe - as I noted, mine was one of eight or ten made with certain alterations for the German GSG9 organisation. When they became obsolete en masse, and replaced by the SIG3000, they passed them on to their next owner, much like retiring a K9 and giving it a life of comparative ease. In this way mine was passed on to me, and I've has now fired around a further 8000 shots down it. That is in addition to the three thousand or so it had 'in service' and it seems to be heading for the Big Ten with no real evidence of wearing out.

If you need to know more, Herr Doktor Arndt Kriegeskorte is the company president and also speaks perfect English. Unlike me, he's a real European gentleman. He's always interested in talking to people about his company's products, as I know from my once-a-year chats. PM me if if you need his number, remembering that he will be nine hours ahead of you at the moment.

Their address, if you want to write them, is -

Krico GMBH
Hedelfinger Str. 133
D-7000 Stuttgart
Germany

tac

The CMP just had 5000 orders the first day. For 1000 30 carbines they had for sale.
And people are camping out at the stores for the ones they will offer.

It looks like WWII guns are still in demand!

These sold in the 60's for around $20 [$160 adjusted for inflation]. The CMP is asking around $700 today.
So at least these guns have increased in value over the last 50 years.:D

Last Edited:
If you want to know what going to be worth money in the future, look at what's worth money today. Classic military items and Model 70 rifles are certainly going to be worth tucking away for another 50 years. I think a really good quality Mauser or Springfield sportered deer rifle are something else to consider. Lots of them were not well done and they are common, but a semi-custom rifle can be a real gem.

So, any thoughts on what if a higher end AR will be worth more in a decade or three, or will the old standbys be the ones worth incrementally more and the ARs just be like a used car?

In 1992 I bought an original Colt SP1 AR-15 for $650.00. Judging by today's prices on Gunbroker and other sites. My SP1 is worth $1,500.00 or better today

If you want to know what going to be worth money in the future, look at what's worth money today. Classic military items and Model 70 rifles are certainly going to be worth tucking away for another 50 years. I think a really good quality Mauser or Springfield sportered deer rifle are something else to consider. Lots of them were not well done and they are common, but a semi-custom rifle can be a real gem.

I have had really good luck finding high quality Mauser and Springfield sporters in the last 25 or so years. Several are Tomas and Howe and two are really nice Holland&Holland's. Also found a really nice Rhinemettal Borsig based on the commercial magnum Mauser action! 9.3X74R. I also bought a few Sako's over the years and a few Styers as well. All will go up in value far more then most. Another thing that can be done is rebuilding/restoring nice old Mausers and dinged up Springfields, and quite a few can be salvaged and made into very nice rifles worth something down the road. I found a really nice Domuline Comercial Mauser magnum several years ago, and made it into a very nice 500 Jefferies magnum. That rifle is quite fun to shoot, and isn't any where as expensive as one of the 24 or so that were originally made by H&H!!!!

Gota keep your eyes open.

I bought an old 03 Springfield. Metal only.
But I had a NOS Springfield stock, and put a nice rifle together that had been arsenal rebuilt with a new barrel.

The gun sat for decades before I assembled it a few years ago. It's ben a long time since Eugene had a Route 3!

Here is the labeling on the box. :D

DSCN4663.JPG DSCN4665.JPG

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top