JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Back when I had the broken leg, I thought it a good excuse to buy a Cold Steel City Stick. I preferred the plain stainless head, but they had a "closeout sale" on the skull head as Special Projects - A Division of Cold Steel, Inc. so I bought that.

More recently, my youngest son took the stick outside more than once while I was not home, and beat the crap out of it on a large rock outside. I think I'll eventually be able to buff out some of the damage to the head, using a wire wheel. The shaft will never look the same, but it's not as bad as it could be.

Still, I decided I'd go ahead and get the plain stainless steel headed stick I'd wanted all along. But they've stopped making it. Twice now, I've been fooled by product descriptions that have not been updated; I've ended up with the new aluminum headed stick, and had to return it. I learned the hard way to always contact the seller first. I hate the balance of the aluminum headed City Stick. If I was worried about light weight, I'd buy the Slim Stick, but you couldn't pay me to have the aluminum headed City Stick.

Does anyone know where I can find a nice (doesn't have to be new, only clean) plain stainless steel headed Cold Steel City Stick?

Just so you know, I found a guy on THR who had a mint condition plain stainless City Stick to sell me. So I'm happy.

And I'll see what I can do to clean up my stainless skull headed City Stick, then give it to my oldest son.

City Stick Observations

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know Cold Steel contracts out manufacture and changes suppliers at times. Thus I suppose the product line also changes. No word from Cold Steel, of course, but my guess is that the steel headed City Stick was "too effective," not too heavy, thus was discontinued.

In any case, DT on THR forum made me happy; I now have a plain Stainless Steel headed City Stick. I noticed some things, leading me to believe my two City Sticks were made at different times and/or places.

The plain stainless City Stick I got from DT has a slightly "flatter" finish on the shaft -- not really flat, but more on the "semi" side of semi-gloss than is the shaft of my skull headed stick. Probably a good thing, since one can more easily enhance gloss and polish than get rid of shine.

The plain stainless headed stick weighs about 21.5 ounces.

The skull headed stick weighs about 24.6 ounces.

The shaft of the plain stick weighs 14 ounces, the head 7.5 ounces.

The shaft of the skull headed stick weighs 11.6 ounces, the head about 13.

I expected the skull head to be a bit heavier, just looking at the design, though I didn't expect quite this much difference. I was suprised at the difference in the shafts, though.

You can feel it. The plain headed stick will be faster when swinging the head. The skull headed stick will be faster when holding the head and swinging the shaft.

It's all interesting. Makes me wonder what other variations exist. You know, inquiring minds and all that.

For a few bucks you could go to Tap Plastics and get a 3/4" OD Epoxy tube (carbon fiber tube) Epoxy the 5.24OD tube inside it with a wrap of Carbon fiber matting in between. And attach a Billiards ball on top and make a heck of a walking stick skull cracker total cost under $25.00

I carry the Cold Steel Blackthorn and it is a tough stick. I teach Kali so I can actually USE it and I can also throw ir horizontally at about 45 feet to chase away loose aggressive dogs and such

The polymer head is far tougher than a billiard ball. It does chip, though

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top