JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well the morning started out at 7:45, the end of theout going tide and foggy, pea soup type of foggy. Then the high tide started coming in and it was game on, in 2 hours we landed 3 fish off of my rod and nothing on my partner's rod except for 2 drivebys. I did miss one to due to me relieving myself at the time.....:eek::eek:

Due to getting out of the crowded ramp I didn't get pics of them together....

20150928_085703.jpg

20150928_095249.jpg

20150928_103420.jpg

Well I guess the karma of donating enough fish for my wife's Hospice patients and my neighbor payed off, I took my neighbor & daughters BF out Saturday and had the best number retention so far this season boating 4 absolute hen chromers!!!
Friday was a bust without even a nibble (the guide either) the river was baron. Dreaded going Sat but turned out to be a stellar day of catching!!!
Pics later.;)
Here ya go....

20151003_112745.jpg

20151003_133453.jpg

20151003_144335.jpg

Last Edited:
Well ladies and gentlemen I have had a relaxing week off to recuperate from 3 weeks of fishing in my boat. My days on the river banks are over unless a miraculous recovery of my back happens and it ain't lookin too good.
Saturday is the start of the next chapter in the Coho saga in the PNW. Stay tuned.;)

So folks, I think the Coho season is over, here are the numbers of 19 days of fishing on the Chehalis river:

2015 Chehalis Salmon Fishing Log totals: 18 Coho boated, 24 Kings released and missed 28 bites.

Seeings as we released more Kings than boated Coho's makes one wonder WHY we CAN'T KEEP KINGS!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I saw they reopened some of the local rivers but I believe I'm going to sit the rest of the season out. The Humptulips is open from the Reynvaan Bar to the 101 Bridge which guarantees that the Humptulips Snagger Circus will be the norm in every place with bank access. The Wishkah is open from the Middle Fork Bridge to the hatchery. Good luck finding any bank access there. My other favorite river, the East Hoquiam remains closed.:(

I am already dreading the next Fall season. Next fall will be when the kings start returning after having to survive in the warm water blob. My guess is that they will fare no better than the coho did.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top