JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Started late due to the job. Tossed pots, headed to 180' of water, fished 30' and 60' down. Four fish in 64 minutes out of 8 total hookups. Fished for black rockfish and ling for awhile, started getting late so back to the pots for 18 nice crab (tossed back half a dozen keeper sized but soft).

8F3D1CB9-4E4F-41B4-AEC5-6AE6321AA668.jpeg

77ACC015-E4B4-4F22-B752-B586E14F791F.jpeg

Too late for pizza delivery so Chinese and adult beverages. Back at it in the AM.

P

Hooked into a monster Chinook this morning before work. We fought for about 30 second before he wiggled free. I'm headed out again in the morning.

CF90DB51-D98D-4BCA-8E6C-E02505F6B7C8.jpeg

76D5CACC-45F8-4AC1-B4E5-90912A0C963B.jpeg

Did it again yesterday, two limits of coho and two limits of big ocean crab. Caught over three limits, high graded the best 24. Plus half a dozen black rockfish.

Steamed the crab this morning, preparing to crack in about an hour.

Processed the salmon while the crab was steaming. With luck we'll have another weekend before we meet the quota.

I did two selective salmon trips this year, on both trips l needed to land about 8 for two keepers, there are some fat coho out there this year and l did manage to land a 14# chinook on one trip.

Are you fishing Reedsport/Winchester bay? Out of Winchester?
I've been fishing the Umpqua river outside of Roseburg. I just heard that Winchester bay is hot right now. The river is 15 minutes from my house, so I've been hitting it before work, after work etc. The salmon are going in hold after deer season opens up.

I've been fishing the Umpqua river outside of Roseburg. I just heard that Winchester bay is hot right now. The river is 15 minutes from my house, so I've been hitting it before work, after work etc. The salmon are going in hold after deer season opens up.
Wow, you have chinook up the Umpqua that far already? Well be down in that area in a few days. We always like watching the boats at the ramp and the cleaning station there. Watch the guys tossing spinners at Winchester point. Pick up some fresh oysters at Umpqua Aquaculture.

Wow, you have chinook up the Umpqua that far already? Well be down in that area in a few days. We always like watching the boats at the ramp and the cleaning station there. Watch the guys tossing spinners at Winchester point. Pick up some fresh oysters at Umpqua Aquaculture.
Yeah, I've hooked into two that deemed themselves but worthy enough of my plate and wiggled free of my hook. Where are you headed to?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top