JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Good Morning all,

Setting up a Red Dot (Romeo Zero) on my P365, Just curious if anyone knows the height for best co-witness results? there are many options and size variances but has anyone done the math to figure out the best results? I'm not trying to purchase a bunch of suppressor height sights to get the right fit. Thanks in advance for any ones input.

Good Morning all,

Setting up a Red Dot (Romeo Zero) on my P365, Just curious if anyone knows the height for best co-witness results? there are many options and size variances but has anyone done the math to figure out the best results? I'm not trying to purchase a bunch of suppressor height sights to get the right fit. Thanks in advance for any ones input.
Almost all of the standard height red dots co-witness with standard height iron sights. I have put MBUS and other flip-up or stationary sights and red dots of all kinds on probably a dozen different ARs or other picatinny-topped guns over the years and they have always co-witnessed. I have a Romeo 5 and MBUS on one currently, an EOTech and A2/flip-up on another, and MBUS and Aimpoint on another. They all match. If you want to be sure, find your optic on the Optics Planet website and search the Q&A. It's sure to be on there. But unless the description specifically says 2/3 co-witness or whatever, I'm sure it's going to be center co-witness.

Almost all of the standard height red dots co-witness with standard height iron sights. I have put MBUS and other flip-up or stationary sights and red dots of all kinds on probably a dozen different ARs or other picatinny-topped guns over the years and they have always co-witnessed. I have a Romeo 5 and MBUS on one currently, an EOTech and A2/flip-up on another, and MBUS and Aimpoint on another. They all match. If you want to be sure, find your optic on the Optics Planet website and search the Q&A. It's sure to be on there. But unless the description specifically says 2/3 co-witness or whatever, I'm sure it's going to be center co-witness.
He's talking about pistol dots, not rifles.

You are probably still in luck though, McWilly, that Romeo Zero probably will co-witness, if barely, with the standard irons that come on the gun. Sig *does* sell slides that come with suppressor height sights for the 365 models, but even the newest hotness, the X-Macro, comes with the X-Ray sights. My 507K cowitnesses just fine with the X-ray sights - the rear sight on the X-ray sights is exactly the same height as the sight that is integral to the body of the dot. You get just enough of the irons to be useful, without intruding on the already small window of the micro size dot sight.

Here's an article I found about this subject

Red Dot Pistol Sights for Beginners

From the article:
"Suppressor height sights, especially the Ameriglo versions, are fine with a red-dot pistol," says Fisher. "But they should not have an absolute co-witness with your red dot. You're negating a good portion of the benefits of having a red dot if you try to make a red dot line up exactly with your irons. "
and...

"You don't want to clutter up your field of view with a lot of useless information. Keep your iron sights minimal, with blacked-out front and rear sights so they don't distract your eyes from the dot."

He's talking about pistol dots, not rifles.

You are probably still in luck though, McWilly, that Romeo Zero probably will co-witness, if barely, with the standard irons that come on the gun. Sig *does* sell slides that come with suppressor height sights for the 365 models, but even the newest hotness, the X-Macro, comes with the X-Ray sights. My 507K cowitnesses just fine with the X-ray sights - the rear sight on the X-ray sights is exactly the same height as the sight that is integral to the body of the dot. You get just enough of the irons to be useful, without intruding on the already small window of the micro size dot sight.
Thank you, I have always run Iron sights and trying out a Red Dot on my pistol to see how it feels. much appreciate the feedback.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top