JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have tried searching a bit and cant quite seem to find an answer on this. As an OR resident ordering a CMP garand, it sounds like they ship right to your house via fed ex. Is it true that it does not need to go to an ffl dealer? I have read through their paper work and they do ffl to a couple other states but OR is not listed.

CMP is special in that they dont need to ship to an FFL for anyone assuming you passed their background check with the information you send them. Since it was a special organization set up by congress they get to skip the whole FFL shipping process for out of state orders.

The information is buried somewhere in their difficult to find FAQ's

AFAIK no FFL for Oregon. That said, IANAL. CMP++ :D

CMP is special in that they dont need to ship to an FFL for anyone assuming you passed their background check with the information you send them. Since it was a special organization set up by congress they get to skip the whole FFL shipping process for out of state orders.

The information is buried somewhere in their difficult to find FAQ's

Not entirely true. While they are a corporation chartered by Congress and don't need an FFL, they do bend to the laws of certain non-free states like CA and NY.

Right to your door, sign for it, and, you have it. I bought a M1 garand from then, by using a ''representative'' acting FOR me. He picked a rifle he thought i would like to have, then, called me at a appointed time, described it to me over the phone, i ''oked'' it and they sent the rifle to me. I enclose a written permission slip allowing him to hand pick a rifle for me. Painless and believe it or not, i had the rifle the NEXT DAY!! The guy that did this for me charged me 35 bucks, and it was well worth it. I'm very pleased with the rifle he chose for me. My ''representative'' called me that morning at 7 o'clock PST, after talking to me, he hand carried it to the desk, they wrapped it, and had it mailed by that day, the next day by 3 o'clock i had the rifle here at home. Orst Michaels is now retired

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads