JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Submit paperwork......wait for month after month after impossibly long month.......this reminds me of something else gun related but I just can't quite put my finger on it. :rolleyes:

E

Contacted with random number: November 29, 2018 #2707
Contacted by CMP (First time): March 13, 2019 (didn't answer or call back)
Contacted by CMP (Second time): March 29th, 2019
Called back CMP: April 1st 2019
Credit Card hit: April 10th, 2019
Shipping notification via email: April 11th, 2019
Ffl recieved: April 12th, 2019
Picked up April 13th, 2019
Recieved: Remington Rand frame and slide
1942-43 manufacture, arsenal refurbished
Service Grade

View attachment 569348

All in all, what was the final expense.

When I shoot my 1945 Remington Rand, I feel a little bit of history connected with it.
I have a nice collection of 1911 pistols, but the RR has that war time provenance that everyone admires when handling it.

Mine was $1050 to the CMP, $25 for the transfer, $109 to the State. The documentation costs were already sunk. Total cost $1184. Meh, what's money for if we can spend it on things we don't need?

Picked mine up today. Field grade colt slide and frame 1940s mfg. The magazine appears to be a Rand. Very fun researching the proof marks.

IMG_20190702_191045.jpg

Congrats Woodsplinker
Do they come in that box? And are you happy with the pistol? I finally got the call and was offered all three grades...either Remington, Colt or Ithaca. I ordered a service grade and the lady added my request for colt to the order but from what I understand its like a box of chocolates. Wonder how long they will have my money before I see it? Enjoy

Congrats Woodsplinker
Do they come in that box? And are you happy with the pistol? I finally got the call and was offered all three grades...either Remington, Colt or Ithaca. I ordered a service grade and the lady added my request for colt to the order but from what I understand its like a box of chocolates. Wonder how long they will have my money before I see it? Enjoy

Yeah they come in that box with a manual from the 60s, a chamber flag and a lock with a few ads and a copy of the FFL paperwork and of course the magazine.

I'm happy with it, but I haven't shot it yet. :)

OH MY!
After almost 11 months wondering what I might get being number 7158 out of 8000, I opened the box at A Cut Above Pawn today.
I'm still in shock. Recived Colt frame with Colt Slide. And this one is a 1911 not A1, made in 1918. Over 100 years old...I wish it could talk. How many wars, how many counties, 20190719_150945.jpg which veterans carried it?

I couldn't see spending that much for something I wouldn't put into rotation.

But I'm glad that everyone wrote about the journey. Great read.

OH MY!
After almost 11 months wondering what I might get being number 7158 out of 8000, I opened the box at A Cut Above Pawn today.
I'm still in shock. Recived Colt frame with Colt Slide. And this one is a 1911 not A1, made in 1918. Over 100 years old...I wish it could talk. How many wars, how many counties,View attachment 601746 which veterans carried it?

You sure you aren't looking at the slide patent date? The serial number is how you tell it's age, not the date on the side. Also for mine each part was from a different gun, very few parts matched.

Here is a great identification guide for them I spent an entire day investigating the date and gun each part came from. Most of my parts are from the late part of WW2

Whoever put that site together did a great job.

Thank you for this good info! to help with the research. I have yet to start inspecting the pistol for markings and parts mix.
I used the serial number to date it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads