JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As far as I know, CMP guns can still be shipped directly to you without an FFL - just told that not long ago in the CMP class I took.

Has anyone heard when the new batch of used 1911's will process through the CMP and be available to the public? I can't recall seeing an update on the website. I'd love to get one. Curious what the prices will look like too.

If the CMP still had guns that would still not be true. They don't and its not. According to OR and WA you still need a background check. The CMP might say its OK and the ATF says its OK for a C&R to get a gun directly as well but that doesnt mean the states say its OK. That means it has to go through a dealer who is also going to tax you.

My take is that the kibosh got put on the 1911's.

If the CMP still had guns that would still not be true. They don't and its not. According to OR and WA you still need a background check. That means it has to go through a dealer who is also going to tax you.

My take is that the kibosh got put on the 1911's.

The CMP still dose have and sell guns. They do a background check and ship to your front door Via. Fed-Ex.

Home - Civilian Marksmanship Program

Not according to the CMP...

Sales FAQ - Civilian Marksmanship Program

Q?
DO RIFLES NEED TO BE SHIPPED TO A LICENSED DEALER?
A.

IMPORTANT: If your State or locality requires you to first obtain a license, permit, or Firearms Owner ID card in order to possess or receive a rifle, you must enclose a photocopy of your license, permit, or card with the application for purchase. Rifle shipments to WA, NY, NJ and CT must be made to a state licensed dealer. You must provide a copy of the dealer's license with your order form.

WA, NY, NJ and CT customers who have already mailed their rifle orders to CMP should provide [email protected] with dealer information or order cancellation instructions. Information can also be faxed to 256-835-3527 or mailed to CMP Customer Service, (Attn: FFL Order), 1401 Commerce Blvd., Anniston, AL 36207.

Looks like Oregon to ship to is safe until they figure out that its not really. I do see they got in some service grade Garands.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top