JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And sex was safe and cars were dangerous! Guns shipped right to your door, gun powder in 50 lb casks and, and your neighbors didn't report you because of your strange shopping habits, they came over with an extra beer for you and wanted to see the new addition to the family! Homes had a built in gun display case and it was full!

xmas-guns-handguns-portable.jpg

guns-certificate-swscan056751.jpg

My first DCM M-1 came US postal service. My mail man back then was a former
marine. He told me you cannot ship rifles through the mail. And one day
I get a knock on the door. My mail man said your Garand is here. He wanted
to see it. It was a SA 1943 all original! It cost $165.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

As far as I know, CMP guns can still be shipped directly to you without an FFL - just told that not long ago in the CMP class I took.

Has anyone heard when the new batch of used 1911's will process through the CMP and be available to the public? I can't recall seeing an update on the website. I'd love to get one. Curious what the prices will look like too.

Adjusted for inflation that $17.00 in 1963 would be $132.27 today.

Sort of. Depends on the way you calculate it. If you go by the CPI which doesnt take into account a lot of the things you buy and sell then it might be. Hard to do that because things you buy like food are much cheaper than they used to be because of improved growing techniques. Other consumer good are much cheaper as well because of improved manufacturing methods and because of tarrif reductions and off shore manufacturing. If you baseline off gold for it would be more like $700 for that gun. $400 if you baseline of real estate property indexes.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top