JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Things really have not changed much... people don't seem to dance well in general ;) nice to see variety of styles and hairdos, sad to see so much hairspray wasted lol

I was never a "Clubber". But I had buddies that were quite smooooth with the ladies.

Different era.

Only dancing I ever appreciated and did was ballroom dancing. My parents taught my girlfriend and me, and several other friends and their gals, ballroom dancing when we were in our mid teens.

I sucked at Hop & Jump type dancing... just never had any coordination and was always too reserved to let go and bust a move. Now that is one thing that HipHop did for kids, everybody seems to be able to shake it fairly well. They got classes on hip isolations & all the right moves if like me it doesn't come natural.

@Mikej... my folks were long time ballroom dancers and the two oldest boys took lessons.

Was soooo glad when I learned Country Western couples dancing... got into it about the time it hit the L.A. dance scene and went crazy. But around here, if you didn't Two Step or Country Swing, you sat it out... and I was newly single. Met my current wife at my first Western Swing dance class in 1984. Went on to become certified instructors ourselves.

Still can't solo dance. :oops:

Was soooo glad when I learned Country Western couples dancing... got into it about the time it hit the L.A. dance scene and went crazy. But around here, if you didn't Two Step or Country Swing, you sat it out... and I was newly single. Met my current wife at my first Western Swing dance class in 1984. Went on to become certified instructors ourselves.

Still can't solo dance. :oops:

Used to go to the D Street Corral way back in the day, but was still a rock guy up until rock began to suck in about 1987 or so. When the new classic country hit the scene about 1990, I ditched rock and went country hard. My wife and I met in 1989 we went to a lot of country concerts in Portland and hung out with The McKenzie River Band. We would go to The Drum, which in fact was the old D Street Corral after concerts and the up and coming artists would come out there too.

Got to hang out with Alan Jackson, Mark Chesnutt, Joe Diffie, Doug Stone and a bunch of others. Got my musical groove back about 10 years ago and started playing guitar again, just in private settings, garage band stuff. We kind have given up concerts, too expensive but are going to The Allman Betts Band in Bend in a couple of weeks.

Used to go to the D Street Corral way back in the day, but was still a rock guy up until rock began to suck in about 1987 or so. When the new classic country hit the scene about 1990, I ditched rock and went country hard. My wife and I met in 1989 we went to a lot of country concerts in Portland and hung out with The McKenzie River Band. We would go to The Drum, which in fact was the old D Street Corral after concerts and the up and coming artists would come out there too.

Got to hang out with Alan Jackson, Mark Chesnutt, Joe Diffie, Doug Stone and a bunch of others. Got my musical groove back about 10 years ago and started playing guitar again, just in private settings, garage band stuff. We kind have given up concerts, too expensive but are going to The Allman Betts Band in Bend in a couple of weeks.

Seems like there was a place in W Boise called The Drum too.

Lotsa people in my wifey's age group still prefer the ol Waylon & Willie, George Jones, etc. But I came from a Blues, and Hendrix background in S Calif, so Chesnutt, Jackson, Garth, etc were just right for me when they came along. Now that Country is mixing with Rap, I don't listen much anymore and have gone back to Classic Rock, and SRV too.

Now that Country is mixing with Rap, I don't listen much anymore and have gone back to Classic Rock, and SRV too.

Fortunately there is a lot of very good talent starting to cover classic rock, and groups like The Allman Betts Band, sons of Greg Allman and Dickie Betts have a great style based in their fathers style. I don't do any mainline country, I like the edgy stuff like Chris Stapleton, Jamie Johnson, Deep South. The Doobie Brothers keep touring, their are at their peak of musical perfection right now, and the Skynyrd boys are doing pretty damn good too. My musical world was crushed with the loss of Tom Petty, Ed King, JJ Cale and some others.

I feel another trip to Nashville coming on soon, spend some time on Music Row in dive bars listening to some great music. Met this guy about 3 years ago when he was playing for tips in Laylas Bar, and knew he would make it some day. Glad to see him doing well. This is a great tune.

MmmHmm.....

Always love the looks of this. ^^ ALL of it. ;)

Ahhh Stratus!

It was an alcohol free, under 21, alternative music club located in the east county of San Diego...Casa de Oro to be specific...back in the very late 70's and early to mid 80's.

I spent a few seconds of my...mispent youth...there...until me and my buddies figured out we could get alcohol across the border.

Ahh youth! :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA