JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

Things really have not changed much... people don't seem to dance well in general ;) nice to see variety of styles and hairdos, sad to see so much hairspray wasted lol

Edit. My wife was born in 1986 at Fort Bragg on the opposite side of America from this club :rolleyes:

I would have been about 4 years old or so

Reminds me of when I was in W. Germany in the mid 80's. Discotheque's were the big thing and you could always find one or five downtown Bayreuth. The most popular one was Crazy Elephant, but they were all pretty much alike. American top 40 music mixed with German techno. Not really disco's in the NYC sense though so the experience was a lot better. People would dress 80's cool and the girls would dance together (it's a German thing).
Then there were the metal clubs. Either way, they were great places to kill a weekend. Cold War living.

Reminds me of when I was in W. Germany in the mid 80's. Discotheque's were the big thing and you could always find one or five downtown Bayreuth. The most popular one was Crazy Elephant, but they were all pretty much alike. American top 40 music mixed with German techno. Not really disco's in the NYC sense though so the experience was a lot better. People would dress 80's cool and the girls would dance together (it's a German thing).
Then there were the metal clubs. Either way, they were great places to kill a weekend. Cold War living.

Clubbed in Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Munich, and Berlin... wasn't really my thing, but it was boring when I wasn't working. Went clubbing in Georgetown on M Street.... now THAT was sexual! :s0140:

My experience clubbing was on Alexander Street (A/Street) of downtown Rochester, NY in the fall-spring of 2006-2007; where my roomie and I went to different places on M-Sats every week after finishing homework... my personal favorite out of all the places? Vertex. It was basically a 1990s club, and a lot of the patrons were dressed "nice blacks", not a lot of d-baggery/guidos, and the chicks were awesome... there was also Karma 355 which had.. go go girls in the windows which were whited out so that only their silhouettes were showing to the street view... befriended a few hot female bartenders there and my roomie hit on one of the go go dancers all the time :rolleyes: we were friends with the doorman, so it was all cool.

Edit. At that time, the majority of my deaf classmates were interested in one and only one thing... boring (to me) house parties where all everyone do is drink cheap beers, play beer pong, smoke joints, and chill/sit and chat, no dancing, no getting wild beyond a few jealous guys fighting it out... :confused:

Last Edited:
Clubbed in Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Munich, and Berlin... wasn't really my thing, but it was boring when I wasn't working. Went clubbing in Georgetown on M Street.... now THAT was sexual! :s0140:
M Street....good times, good times. Back around the turn of the century I was sharing a house with a couple of, you guessed it...German girls. (All of my friends hated me). Georgetown was one of their favorite places to party. Then there was Madam's Organ in down town DC, Ozio,, Grand Havana Room. DC was a fun place. I'm surprised I survived that era of my life. I will die with no regrets/regert's.

Summer of 2003. 4th of July weekend.. fellow co-op students (paid interns) from the NAVAIR depot in Cherry Point NC went down to Mrytle Beach SC to meet up w some women... :rolleyes: We ended up having fun at Tiki Bob's which had a foam room.. :s0108:
@wired , is Tiki Bob's still there? :s0064:

Early/Mid 90's Germany and surrounding countries was pretty fun for clubbing, or killer concerts! Up north in/around Kiel was THE party place! Bitburg, Baden Baden, Bad Tolz, Neu Ulm and many others were all pretty cool! Even better was a weekend leave to go party in Oslo or Malmo, taking the ferry and then tram or cab, get there late Friday night, or early Saturday morning and party till late Sunday afternoon, and haul arse back! I don't really know why, but Norway was really happenin at that time! One thing about most or Europe is the public transportation is WAY faster then any where else, and you can almost set your watch by how close to scheduled they run! If we had a 3 day or longer pass, it was off to France or Italy, or during the summer months, Austria for me! I could live quite happy in Zell Am See the rest of my life, other then it's super 'Sepnsive to buy there, and you have to be of blood, as I'm half Prussian, no problem! :D:D:D

I was stationed in Darmstadt and I went back and forth between the clubs I'd hang out at with my German friends and those I'd hang out with with my Army friends. The dives I hung out with my Army buds usually had a steady stream of girls to choose from . Get there early 6-7 and fill the table with 1/2 price beer and then drink warm flat beer the rest of the night. The clubs frequented by my German friends were far better and more fun but the girls were MUCH harder to get. Had to be on your A game there.
We were close to Frankfurt and spent a lot of time heading up to Sachsenhausen and the myriad of clubs up there. Literally hundreds. With an occasional foray over to the Frankfurt Red light.

Good times.

I was never a "Clubber". But I had buddies that were quite smooooth with the ladies.

Different era.

Only dancing I ever appreciated and did was ballroom dancing. My parents taught my girlfriend and me, and several other friends and their gals, ballroom dancing when we were in our mid teens.

Things really have not changed much... people don't seem to dance well in general ;) nice to see variety of styles and hairdos, sad to see so much hairspray wasted lol

Edit. My wife was born in 1986 at Fort Bragg on the opposite side of America from this club :rolleyes:

I would have been about 4 years old or so
0:52 looks like patrick swayze and 1:04 looks like guy fieri

;);)
I was never a "Clubber". But I had buddies that were quite smooooth with the ladies.

Different era.

Only dancing I ever appreciated and did was ballroom dancing. My parents taught my girlfriend and me, and several other friends and their gals, ballroom dancing when we were in our mid teens.

I remember sneaking in to see Saturday Night Fever when I was a kid. My parents paid for my sisters to take ballroom dancing lessons, I was into Martial Arts and wasn't interested in dancing so I so I didn't. I kick myself in the butt now for missing that opportunity so I look like the those in the "Flock of Seagulls" vid above, lol.

Never much of a dancer, I was usually up with the band playing bass, harmonica, flute, trombone covering Southern Rock mostly. Couple of the girls in the crowd got us to go to Earthquake Ethels in Beaverton a couple of times, but we did not fit in there, all the Middle Eastern dudes were trying to score white chicks in there, plus they liked to play backgammon for money and a friend and I took a couple of them for about $ 200 one night, they got pissed off, but were to much of pussi*s to really do anything about it.

Our blue jeans, cowboy boots and leather vests stood out big time there, so about two trips there and that was it.

This was in the late 70's, there were some great clubs in Portland, Zacks on SE Powell, Pigeon Toed Orange Peel in Raliegh Hills, The Copper Penny, Division Street Corral. We were at Zacks one night, the last night a band called the Street Corner Band played gigs and they invited any musicians to come up on stage and we had 22 people jamming "Call me the Breeze" at 2:30 am. Those were some good times.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top