JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I tend to agree that can be a lot of hardware that may not be suitable/practical depending on your situation. Having what you don't EDC at least being readily accessible is a 2nd best option. Either at the office/locker/desk, in a vehicle grab and go bag or other...
Absolutely, always do our best to be prepared or be ready. In cases/places where its not practical have a higher situational awareness or dont go...

You carry stakes, too? Like in case of a vampire attack? Look out, @Nosferatu !
Please do not tell us you are an advocate for keister-carry! :eek:

Which is why you probably to carry a spare change of undies.

Some members should carry a compass and a map, so when some punk tells them, "get lost, boomer", they can pull it out and yell, "Not today, Chad!"

Ahem, the term is, "chode". :rolleyes:

It my opinion carry choices are situational dependent and personal preference. Where I most agree with Clint Smith is regarding the importance of accuracy above emphasizing the fractions of a sub-second draw and just getting the shot off...
If an individual is willing to carry more gear than most on a daily basis, more power to them. I have never heard of somebody complaining if the situation arose where they needed it.

For anyone that carries a lot of of keys, I would recommend one of these organizer dealios. Also keeps the keys from poking you in your pocket and the biting is somewhat obscured from bystanders, if it is hanging from your belt out in the open.

IMG_1119.jpg

It my opinion carry choices are situational dependent and personal preference. Where I most agree with Clint Smith is regarding the importance of accuracy above emphasizing the fractions of a sub-second draw and just getting the shot off...
If an individual is willing to carry more gear than most on a daily basis, more power to them. I have never heard of somebody complaining if the situation arose where they needed it.
The old adage, "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" comes to mind.

The old adage, "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" comes to mind.
That's my thought process. I can easily carry everything that I do year round. Been doing it for years. Why would I downgrade my load out? Simply for a little more comfort….. I'll pass.

I don't buy into the mentality of "If it's not comfortable then you won't carry it." I am uncomfortable everyday. But I'll sacrifice a little comfort for the rare scenario I need something that I decided to leave at home cause I wanted to "feel good."

Embrace the suck. It's worth it.

I find comfort in the uncomfortable. I don't expect others to carry what I do. But I also don't shed a tear when they get put in a scenario and don't have any other tools besides a gun simply in the name of comfort.

I know people who carry more than me as well as individuals who carry much less. It's a choice. We all live with the benefits or the consequences of those choices.

The likelihood of me going anywhere where I would need a full size pistol, reloads and a knife to survive it is near zero. My daily life is worth too much to sacrifice to dithering about my 'safety' and making life suck more.

But if your hobby is to carry your Batman utility belt everywhere, then more power to you and your pastime.

(I have a .25 Beretta for when I feel like going somewhere questionable. But not suicidal.)

The likelihood of me going anywhere where I would need a full size pistol, reloads and a knife to survive it is near zero. My daily life is worth too much to sacrifice to dithering about my 'safety' and making life suck more.

But if your hobby is to carry your Batman utility belt everywhere, then more power to you and your pastime.

(I have a .25 Beretta for when I feel like going somewhere questionable. But not suicidal.)
Its all about finding a balance. Everything in life is a trade off.... I wish it was more practical to carry a full size pistol, because carrying self defense protection is not so much about the need as it is the outcome. If I had to visit someplace questionable Id want more than a pocket caliber, generally were still mostly safe here most places so a smaller caliber is a good balance.
To the folks that do carry a full load out, Im thankful they are out there because it doesnt hurt anything and its one more person prepared to end something bad.

Its all about finding a balance. Everything in life is a trade off.... I wish it was more practical to carry a full size pistol, because carrying self defense protection is not so much about the need as it is the outcome. If I had to visit someplace questionable Id want more than a pocket caliber, generally were still mostly safe here most places so a smaller caliber is a good balance.
To the folks that do carry a full load out, Im thankful they are out there because it doesnt hurt anything and its one more person prepared to end something bad.
Like I said, it is your hobby and your life. Enjoy it however.

When I participated on a knife forum I recall thinking more about what kind of knife was in my pocket. But I also became increasingly aware that was a self-fulfilling hobby - I almost never needed a knife if I forgot to take one.

I have done a good job in recent years of not "gaming" my hobbies anymore. "Do I have the right pistol for the apocalypse? How about grocery shopping?" Now I have a small collection of weapons that are very effective for self defense and some effective holsters that I made. But more than that I have firearms that I like the looks of and the performance at the range or match. And I feel better not attaching paranoia to my pastime.

Like I said, it is your hobby and your life. Enjoy it however.

When I participated on a knife forum I recall thinking more about what kind of knife was in my pocket. But I also became increasingly aware that was a self-fulfilling hobby - I almost never needed a knife if I forgot to take one.

I have done a good job in recent years of not "gaming" my hobbies anymore. "Do I have the right pistol for the apocalypse? How about grocery shopping?" Now I have a small collection of weapons that are very effective for self defense and some effective holsters that I made. But more than that I have firearms that I like the looks of and the performance at the range or match. And I feel better not attaching paranoia to my pastime.
I'll back up a step to clarify that technically Im agreeing with you.

To each their own. I carry all of that everyday minus the BUG.

In fact I just got home and emptied my "pockets."

View attachment 1430175
Does only a TQ qualify as "medical," I don't know. It covers the appendages, but the biggest target area is the torso where the TQ does nothing.

I have a G17 and a spare mag, 5.3 Spray, a Swiss army knife, TQ and 3" by 5' of Celox Z-fold gauze, and a sharpie. Sharpie can be used to push gauze into a penetrating wound if necessary.

I like my Batman belt……

I just wish I had more room to add a few things. Currently trying to find a way to add OC into the mix. I also just started Jiu Jitsu a few months ago. The more tools and knowledge I have to deescalate a situation the better.

Does only a TQ qualify as "medical," I don't know. It covers the appendages, but the biggest target area is the torso where the TQ does nothing.

I have a G17 and a spare mag, 5.3 Spray, a Swiss army knife, TQ and 3" by 5' of Celox Z-fold gauze, and a sharpie. Sharpie can be used to push gauze into a penetrating wound if necessary.
I also have a pack of quikclot that goes in my back pocket (it didn't make the photo) and more in the truck along with an IFAK.

I prefer using a finger over a sharpie. Easier to find the point of bleeding and continuing to hold pressure as you alternate packing the gauze.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top