JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
------------------------------------------------
Stoneman Douglas students question new security measures regulating backpacks

Scott Travis Contact Reporter Sun Sentinel

April 2, 2018 5:50 PM

Marjory Stoneman Douglas High created a new environment Monday, with clear backpacks, bag searches, I.D. lanyards, police officers at every entrance and a student body skeptical that any of it will make them safer.

-------------------------
[Source: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/g00/loca...a=1&i10c.dv=13 ]

Last edited by a moderator:
"Infringes on privacy"? So a clear backpack is something you feel like isn't right but you parading around about my 2A rights are dangerous is ok? Go back to school and learn something that matters.

Government 101. Remember, this might be on test. When you ask for government, you get government solutions. Remember kids. Think before you speak. Send all complaints to Oprah, Bloomberg and all the other elites that care...not really care. The $2M plus they used to make a statement with kids marching could have be used for actual protection. Just saying.

"Infringes on privacy"? So a clear backpack is something you feel like isn't right but you parading around about my 2A rights are dangerous is ok? Go back to school and learn something that matters.

We need to not blame (or bash, not that you are) the kids. They are kids, and the are susceptible to being used by the anti-firearms folks. We need to realize that they are in a sense the pawns, of the big picture. Not to belittle them as a pawn, because as those that play chess know, the pawns are frequently the one that protects the attacker of the King. (pawn = students. attacker (be it a bishop, knight or queen) = Bloomberg & others. King = our 2nd Amendment.)

This clear backpack thing, they think that imposes on their "privacy rights". We just need to show them how banning a certain physical look or feature of a firearm will be imposing on their future rights.

Some of these HS kids will surely grow up and someday become a responsible gun owner. I 100% guarantee that some of them will look back on what they did in Jr. High & HS during the walkout (and other demonstrations), and be ashamed or at least a little embarrassed by what they did in their past. I did, and I suspect most of us, did things in HS or in our youth, that we look back on now and realize we were wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top