JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I ordered a barrel and BCG from Ballistic Advantage they are soaking in what I don't know, some oily substance, how can I clean it up? Should I use something like simple green, or mineral oil or other to get it clean and dry before the build?

I use M-Pro 7 cleaner, its not hazardous, doesn't have a bad odor and can be found at Bi-Mart. But you could use Hoppes or any other gun solvent. If it's real bad, non -chlorinated brake cleaner works very well too. Then just oil where necessary and run a patch down the bore.

I use Purple Power a lot around here. For degreasing parts on guns or cars. It's water soluble and a concentrate. A 2.5 gal. container costs under $30, and makes a huge amount of degreaser when mixed according to directions. I soak the parts, and then rinse in hot water. After that I give them a quick shot of brake cleaner and proceed with whatever my plan is for refinishing, or assembling.
Most of the big chain auto parts stores carry Purple Power, and occasionally it's on sale down near $20 for a 2.5 gal. container.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews