JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here is the clean up schedule for Spring, Summer and Fall in 2016.
Separate threads will be posted, for each event, as the time nears.

Pick one or all and thank you for helping out!

(This does not include the schedules for any of the Target Shooter Information Program dates. See specific threads about that program in a forest near you.)

• Feb 27th, Yacolt Burn State Forest, Washington.
Event posted: Past Volunteer Event - WA Clean Up - Feb 27th, 2016 - Yacolt Burn State Forest (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/washington-clean-up-feb-27th-2016-yacolt-burn-state-forest.213092/)
Event completed: 30+ attendees, see thread for details and pics.

• April 2nd, Tillamook State Forest, Oregon.
Event posted: Past Volunteer Event - Tillamook Clean Up April 2, 2016 (https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/tillamook-clean-up-april-2-2016.215714/)

• April 23rd, Mt Hood National Forest, Oregon.

• May 7th, "Pick Up The Burn" Yacolt Burn State Forest, Washington. (Multi-Recreational groups)

• May 21st, Tillamook State Forest, Oregon.

• June 18th, Yacolt Burn State Forest, Washington.

• July 23rd, Mt Hood National Forest, Oregon.

• Aug 27th, Tillamook State Forest, Oregon.

Contact @Cogs by Private Conversation or post here.

Last Edited:
Good, thanks Cogs! Wifey and I are looking forward to doing the Tillamook again. We were up at the Wolf Creek area we cleaned up last year and it's looking rough. Not as bad, but rough. I wanted to do more when we were there but with my smallish car you wouldn't have noticed a difference. I did pick up a mess of steel cases and cardboard that stuffed in my recycle container at home.

I think, in those cases of not enough vehicle space when we're out on a weekend, we can simply leave it along the roadway. Get a message back to me and I'll call Randy, of ODF, to tell him where the stuff is ready for pick up.

Thanks, Mike and Wifey!

Good, thanks Cogs! Wifey and I are looking forward to doing the Tillamook again. We were up at the Wolf Creek area we cleaned up last year and it's looking rough. Not as bad, but rough. I wanted to do more when we were there but with my smallish car you wouldn't have noticed a difference. I did pick up a mess of steel cases and cardboard that stuffed in my recycle container at home.

I met with Randy yesterday. we are going back wolf creed or another place on lousignont rd. depending on which place is dirtier. We'll get a dumpster this time as well. They also have permission to do some work on shooting areas now (clearing the ground, making berms) but need out guidance on what to do and where. It should be a good year to get some dedicated shooting areas on the west side built up and easier to maintain.

They also have permission to do some work on shooting areas now (clearing the ground, making berms) but need out guidance on what to do and where. It should be a good year to get some dedicated shooting areas on the west side built up and easier to maintain.
This is great news, bolus! Perhaps you should start a new thread, similar to the one you did last year, to get some help in the development stages. We would need a small team to help ODF in planning.

We had a little discussion on this idea last year in this thread... https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/develop-target-shooting-lanes.196048/
There were some good points to consider for those who get to be in the planning process.

It's just what I'd like to do on the WA side and we've talked about this (above) kind of thing for Mt Hood. Forestry's are becoming more convinced that certain 'cleared out' areas may be more attractive to shooting than in the brush and treed places. And, like you said, easier to clean up!

Looking forward to developments on this!

one of the 2 sites (this is the smaller one with the larger one a short walk away) on Lousignont rd. that will likely be our March 26th clean up.

Trees all shot up, no berm, road to the left. sad

Here's a link to thread from 2012 about Lousignont rd.
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/lousignont-rd-blm-land-in-timber-changed.100624/

Curious about the patchwork of public vs timber company land in that area? Isn't it a bit confusing?

In your vid Bolus that site looks absolutely spotless compared to the Wolf Cr road sites we did last year!

the other site is larger and apparently much worse but it was in use so I did not get a good look. The group that was there was shooting full automatic firearms. Your could hear the "BRRRRRRT, BRRRRT" driving by.

The one in the video did not have much in the way of large objects, but had tons of small stuff.

I did get about 10 lbs of shells with a magnetic pickup tool before someone else showed up. At least the litterers are using cheep ammo which is easy to pick up.

as for the area, I have a map from the forestry department on where public land is and where it is still OK to shoot.

But as I mentioned in the other thread, they are going to build us 5 ranges on public land so we will soon have better places to go that will be easier to clean up and maintain.

Last Edited:
For Mt. Hood on April 23rd, I suggest we clean up the newly-created Wildcat site, which has already been abused, sadly.

Mt Hood Forest invested resources in developing this site to support recreational target shooting opportunity in the area, with two separate cleared lanes and couple large berms, with a few different yardages.

It has not been well-publicized, so this can be a chance to let people know about the opportunity and get it started up on the right foot with a clean slate and looking professional - to foster professional and responsible use.

:s0042:

Mt Hood purchased lots of clean up supplies last fiscal year - protective gloves, bags, pickers, large wheeled magnets, etc as well as incentive appreciation items for all our volunteers.

We are looking forward to another great year for target shooting here on the Hood.

I will post more soon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top