JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Fer sail, shootgun, mossyburg 12 gwage. Er bust ofer of untrereeundered iss falue knew!
kal, er txt, none of ther emales,

Tank Yew !

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I always figure, if people have all that spare time to correct people. Life must be pretty boring. Me? I don't care how one talks, looks, sounds, or spells. If your a Patriot, then by God almighty I'll have your six.............! Comes down to it if I have yours, and you have mine? Who the F-cares.............! Now I get many have higher learning, and just as many do not. That doesn't show their character or honor. I have known many awesome uneducated people, and I have known many stupid people who are educated.
Perhaps we should stop looking at the words in front, and start looking at the person behind them.

Sorry Gents, I always stand for the underdog!

Also, a dollar sign in front of(not behind)
Space needed after "of"

Also, a dollar sign in front of(not behind) the price could prove helpful, I was just looking at an ad for a gun I know nothing about, the way the (no dollar sign) price was positioned, I thought it was a model designation.

Trust me, if your ad is just one long run-on sentence that makes it hard to even figure out WHAT you're selling, never mind how much, it's probably not going to sell as fast as it might otherwise, if at all.

I realize a lot of us use phones and tablets, but that's no excuse for butchering the language, I'm on my iPad right now.

Holy run-on sentence Batman

Amazing the silly mistakes you catch doing that, especially if you're using a phone or tablet. Okay, rant ended (for now), later
I'm not sure where to begin on this one...

\rant

Last Edited:
I keep telling my kids that learning to communicate properly is incredibly important, and will serve you very well in life.

Poor communication skills, written or verbal, don't make you less of a person, but the reality is that people do judge you by your ability to communicate clearly.

Strong agree. Well said.

With maybe a little grammar nazi thrown in. Would it really kill some of you to use a capitol occasionally, and how about a period once in awhile? Also, a dollar sign in front of(not behind) the price could prove helpful, I was just looking at an ad for a gun I know nothing about, the way the (no dollar sign) price was positioned, I thought it was a model designation. Trust me, if your ad is just one long run-on sentence that makes it hard to even figure out WHAT you're selling, never mind how much, it's probably not going to sell as fast as it might otherwise, if at all. I realize a lot of us use phones and tablets, but that's no excuse for butchering the language, I'm on my iPad right now. Oh, yeah, and how about proof reading BEFORE you post? Amazing the silly mistakes you catch doing that, especially if you're using a phone or tablet. Okay, rant ended (for now), later.

Dave
How about capital letters?

How about if you don't like the ad, don't buy?

Sigh.....how many more "classified ad rant" threads do we need? Little known fact is without our classified section NWFA wouldn't exist. Most of our members join for that section and SOME continue to participate while EVEN MORE never do again.

It's the internet guys, get over it.

Classified ads etiquette, tips and tricks

You can lead a horse to water....blah blah blah.

Thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews