JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
With maybe a little grammar nazi thrown in. Would it really kill some of you to use a capitol occasionally, and how about a period once in awhile? Also, a dollar sign in front of(not behind) the price could prove helpful, I was just looking at an ad for a gun I know nothing about, the way the (no dollar sign) price was positioned, I thought it was a model designation. Trust me, if your ad is just one long run-on sentence that makes it hard to even figure out WHAT you're selling, never mind how much, it's probably not going to sell as fast as it might otherwise, if at all. I realize a lot of us use phones and tablets, but that's no excuse for butchering the language, I'm on my iPad right now. Oh, yeah, and how about proof reading BEFORE you post? Amazing the silly mistakes you catch doing that, especially if you're using a phone or tablet. Okay, rant ended (for now), later.

Dave

It's not just classifieds, it's any post. Too many people don't even know where the period is on their keypad.

I hate to say it, but when those people post, I ignore everything and move on. Regardless of what they are selling or saying.

Communication has never been more challenging than it is today.
What with the different styles between generations. And legalizing dope. :D

So please. Buckle up and try to remain calm.

Last Edited:
Trust me, if your ad is just one long run-on sentence that makes it hard to even figure out WHAT you're selling, never mind how much, it's probably not going to sell as fast as it might otherwise, if at all. I realize a lot of us use phones and tablets, but that's no excuse for butchering the language, I'm on my iPad right now.

Dave
I agree. The $ thing drives me especially crazy.
BTW (passive aggressive shot alert)
You know you have a couple run on sentences right there don't ya? :p

I just hate it when the post has the incorrect word like your instead of you're and there instead of their. There are a few others out there also but enough said.

My sister has been training her (college graduate) replacement for the past week. She told me last night the company fired the replacement. She couldn't compose a basic business letter/email. She didn't know the difference between there, their and they're...

I'll rant a little, I do not even bother opening a thread anymore, let alone buy anything, from a nondescript ad. One should not have to pry information out of a seller if they are truly interested in a sale. When I see an ad that says stuff like "AR for sale", "MLOK rail for sale" or ".38 for sale" I'll glaze right past it. None of that tell me squat!!

If it reads...Colt 6720 with Daniel Defense with Omega Rail or SIONICS Patrol 3 with a 15" CMR MLOK rail, now we're getting somewhere.

Sounds like most of us were properly or at least reasonably educated. We understand the proper use of certain words and we understand punctuation...

It amazes me what the colleges and universities are producing as educated individuals today...

And for the record, predictive spelling and autocorrection are perhaps two of mans worse inventions, constantly trip me up...

With maybe a little grammar nazi thrown in. Would it really kill some of you to use a capitol occasionally, and how about a period once in awhile? Also, a dollar sign in front of(not behind) the price could prove helpful, I was just looking at an ad for a gun I know nothing about, the way the (no dollar sign) price was positioned, I thought it was a model designation. Trust me, if your ad is just one long run-on sentence that makes it hard to even figure out WHAT you're selling, never mind how much, it's probably not going to sell as fast as it might otherwise, if at all. I realize a lot of us use phones and tablets, but that's no excuse for butchering the language, I'm on my iPad right now. Oh, yeah, and how about proof reading BEFORE you post? Amazing the silly mistakes you catch doing that, especially if you're using a phone or tablet. Okay, rant ended (for now), later.

Dave

I don't know exactly which ad you were looking at. But.......

Perhaps, it was from a "scammer". Not from the USA?

Aloha, Mark

its not dat hard to spell rite and use proper grammer N punkunation....

Just kidding...kinda.
It really isn't that difficult to proof read your post , before sending it....I don't need any extra help in looking or sounding like an idiot....:D
Andy

Keep in mind we are in a world where a lot of writing is abbreviated and shortcuts are the norm. It doesn't bother me like it seems to bother a lot of others here. Of course, I didn't make it through high school so I am jealous of all you wanna be authors.

I'll rant a little, I do not even bother opening a thread anymore, let alone buy anything, from a nondescript ad. One should not have to pry information out of a seller if they are truly interested in a sale. When I see an ad that says stuff like "AR for sale", "MLOK rail for sale" or ".38 for sale" I'll glaze right past it. None of that tell me squat!!

If it reads...Colt 6720 with Daniel Defense with Omega Rail or SIONICS Patrol 3 with a 15" CMR MLOK rail, now we're getting somewhere.

Having a poor description sure doesn't help someone get a good price on an item that they have for sale. But if a buyer is willing to put in the work, and go through with a deal on one of these poorly written adds, I bet they are paying less in cash because there isn't very many other buyers that would go through the hassle. Less cash, more in time and frustration dealing with the seller!

Having a poor description sure doesn't help someone get a good price on an item that they have for sale. But if a buyer is willing to put in the work, and go through with a deal on one of these poorly written adds, I bet they are paying less in cash because there isn't very many other buyers that would go through the hassle. Less cash, more in time and frustration dealing with the seller!
So poor ad = great deal, got it

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews